Role: Senior Java Developer
We are looking to hire a candidate with the below skills and experience mentioned for one of our major clients ...
Role: Senior Java Developer
We are looking to hire a candidate with the below skills and experience mentioned for one of our major clients based out of New York City, NY, in the Technology industry/domain. This is a permanent hiring opportunity, open to contracting as well. Position will start out as remote until COVID-19 restriction eases up. Interested candidates may share their updated resume to Carolina - OMG Technologies.
About the Client:
Our client is a boutique system integration firm specializing in offering technology solutions to major financial firms. Their team is all about leveraging new technologies such as: Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Elastic Search, machine learning, among much more, to build new business concepts. As a result, they are always looking for passionate, innovative, and driven individuals who want to excel in the technology industry.
Note: Open to permanent hiring as well as Contractors (CTH, C2C)
Senior Java Developer is a key team member of a development team. This person will be responsible for helping with defining the system solution architecture, designing components, and building components. The responsibilities differ depending on the phase of the engagement. Some of the responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work with project managers and/or clients to scope work and produce estimates to help define deliverables and timelines
- Design and build server side business logic for complex application modules
- Select technologies, recommend architectures and create technical design based on client requirements
- Work with junior developers to mentor them
- 4 - 7 years' experience developing database-driven, web applications in Java
- Solid experience in Front End Development
- Strong Object Oriented Design and architecture experience developing high-performance systems (caching, performance, messaging, serialization, etc)
- Knowledge of RDBMS. Worked with at least one of the following: Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Experience with Big Data and Blockchain solutions a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Ability to pick up new technologies and languages by oneself to deliver client projects
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and technical decisions
- Knowledge of Blockchain technologies (a Big Plus).
- The candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Must possess very good communication skills and very good analytical skills.
- A candidate with strong domain expertise in the financial industry preferred.
Other Job Specifications:
- Employment Type: Open to permanent hiring as well as contractors (CTH and C2C).
- Job Location: New York City, NY. Local candidates preferred (candidates in NY/NJ or nearby areas). Position will start out as remote until COVID-19 restriction eases up.
- Annual Salary: For Permanent Employment $125k - $140k + bonus and benefits. For Contractors up to $650/Per Professional Day.
- Projected Start Date: December 2020
Interested candidates may share their updated resume to Carolina - OMG Technologies.
- provided by Dice