Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a ...
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance with a Polygraph is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $20,000 for New Hires Only
- Referral bonuses up to $10,000 for critical hires are available to employees
- A Relocation package may be available for this position
Technologies: Microservices, AWS, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Java 11, ReactJS, Spring Boot/Cloud/Data, Redis, Postgres
Tools: Maven, Node, Git, Sonar, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Atlassian Jira (Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible)
Imagine building your career by developing the solutions that support the mission of our nation's service members, intelligence analysts and first responders. That's the challenge that's waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you have the opportunity to redefine innovation and excellence for the world. Are you ready? Then make a career move that makes an impact at General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Senior Java Developer, you'll perform software requirements analysis, system integration activities, lead research and design, develop and test software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products. We will rely on your experience and knowledge to solve the hardest technical problems facing the company, often requiring the utmost creativity and innovation. It's your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you're ready to lead the world. Additional Qualifications:
What you'll experience:
What you bring to the table:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What sets you apart:
- A Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; agile experience preferred
- Seasoned, experienced professional with a broad range of expertise and a wide range of professional experience, possessing a substantial understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories; expert at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
- Ability to serve as company technical spokesperson with subject matter expertise (SME)
- Active contributor to the achievement of financial and business objectives by resolving complex issues in creative, effective and financially favorable ways
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Effectively leads complex assignments, interacting with both customers and end-users
- Linux Experience
- Application framework experience such as Spring Framework
- Familiarity with Microservices
- Familiarity with Docker or Kubernetes
Company Overview General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS)
engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran