We're looking for Sr. Java Developer who bring fresh ideas and innovations from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed comp...
We're looking for Sr. Java Developer who bring fresh ideas and innovations from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, software architecture, UI design, Web and Mobile development; the list goes on and is growing every day.
As a Sr. Java Developer, you will support 1 or more development teams by providing architectural / design support for a variety of new technology innovations. You will focus on evaluating in-house development and integrating internal and vendor-developed systems with broader enterprise services, adhering to our corporate standards and processes. You will document and build consensus around critical architecture decisions and communicate architecture direction with business partners, enterprise technology, MIS and senior leadership. Additionally, you will identify and manage platform strategic direction in coordination with business users' needs and direction. Ensure delivered solutions are in line with architectural vision.
- Days: Monday through Friday
- Hours: 8-5
- Hours per week: 40
- This position is contract with the right to hire if a need becomes available. Manager will only look at candidates that are open to converting to a full time employee.
- We cannot entertain sponsorship for this opening.
- Open to long term contractors.
Top must-have skills / Candidate Requirements: Very SR. and Technical Position
- Java/ J2EE
- Architecture Background/ Design
- Angular JS/ Node JS
- Backend/ database
- Computer Science Degree a must
- Solution Architecture
- Startup / Entrepreneurial experience
- Knowledge of latest technologies such as AI Machine Learning, Blockchain, and Automation preferred
- Experience with technology or consulting companies
- Cloud Knowledge- nice to have
- Diverse technology stack
Years of overall experience required:
Day to day responsibilities:
- Strong communications and organizational skills to insure alignment between technical Product Owners and Lines of Business leads
- Elicit and elaborate key non-functional requirements including availability, performance, recovery and security.
- Identify opportunities to reuse enterprise and shared technology services.
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with Platform Tech Leads, Technical Operations, and Risk Management teams.
- Perform the duties in accordance with established processes and formal agreements with the business.
- Work on assigned projects to deliver the architecture artifacts in alignment with target architectures and relevant standards recommending changes to the latter where appropriate.
- Own the technology/infrastructure and documentation of non-functional requirements including: availability, scalability, resiliency, security, etc.
- Drive delivery of technology roadmap related items by various teams, interface with Enterprise, and give presentations on upcoming initiatives
- Establish relationships with various technology partners (IT Operations, Innovation, other delivery partners, Lines of Business etc.)
- 30-40% design, 60-70% development (depending on level of design knowledge)
Degrees or certifications required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering- please include all relevant details**
Ideal vs Average Candidate:
- Previous type of experience *start up experience*
Who is this worker s main interaction going to be with?
How will performance be measured:
- Delivery on time and accurately, quality of work, efficiency, teamwork, how is he impacting other projects
Why a candidate would be interested in this position over one with another organization:
- Part of the innovations team, which is an exciting place to be, opportunities to learn and be challenged, work across lines of business
- provided by Dice