Overview Na Ali'i is looking to hire a talented, self-motivated, and skilled Sr. IT Specialist for technical analysis, integration, and advi...
Overview Na Ali'i is looking to hire a talented, self-motivated, and skilled Sr. IT Specialist for technical analysis, integration, and advisory support. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and a passion for the latest technology market trends in cloud, big data and Internet of Things (IoT), cyber security, artificial intelligence, and blockchain solutioning. The Sr. IT Specialist will support the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Chief Management Officer (CMO) CIO for Defense Business Systems team by analyzing and developing written and visual information products used to assess the viability and potential savings of proposed DoD-wide IT optimization opportunities across the DoD Business Mission Area. Findings from this analysis will inform the development and or modifications to existing initiatives and will be presented to the highest levels of Department.
- Serving as a technical liaison between project teams, stakeholders, and functional process owners to achieve business reform objectives.
- Analyzing existing system infrastructure, hardware, software, data layers for opportunities to increase productivity and reduce redundancy across the DoD portfolio of business systems.
- Analyzing and providing assessments of existing DoD Architecture Framework 2.02 (DoDAF) Operational Viewpoint (OV) Models.
- Developing "future-state" systems architecture products in support of performance evaluations, and optimization of existing requirements and capabilities.
- Researching, developing, and delivering technical designs for Network, Storage, Compute, Data, Security, or Applications services.
- Collaborating with functional, technical, and budget counterparts to support program management efforts.
- Collaborating with colleagues to produce valid and accurate written technical content for various products (e.g., briefings, narratives, and justifications).
- Preparing technical reports by researching, collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Collecting, adjudicating, and implementing recommended edits accurately and in a timely manner.
- Facilitating internal understanding of technical concepts through information sharing, and cross-team collaboration.
- Working in a fast-paced, highly flexible client and team environment providing quick turn-around technology and system analysis.
- Support other duties as assigned by your supervisor/ DoD client.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, capable of seamless work as an individually or in a team environment, and able to comprehend, analyze, and synthesize large and complex systems data into digestible and informative graphics and written content.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will be familiar with, and have experience with the following technical knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Education and Experience:
- Assisting with designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise information technology applications.
- Supporting COTS business capabilities in DoD Windows or Oracle environments.
- Understanding of SQL or T-SQL; Reporting Services, Analysis Services, and/or Integration Services and database administration using MS-SQL and/or Oracle.
- Developing process flow diagrams and systems documentation.
- Understanding of data exchange and integration formats including XML, JSON, and SOAP.
- REST and Service-Oriented Architectures, Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and deploying and supporting system applications across these types environments.
- Supporting infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques to support system application and Data movements to multi-cloud Azure or AWS.
- Understanding of cloud-aware and native, and as-a-Service platform offerings such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of security solutions such as SSO, Oauth, IAM/User Registry, and Encryption.
- Experience with applying data integration patterns using traditional and modern data technologies (SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience with ITIL processes and/or ITIL Foundation V3 certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational and functional responsibilities within DoD and the IT/ Business System factors impacting the achievement of service requirements.
- Proficiency and aptitude in information system technologies and computer sciences.
- Proven ability to analyze current information systems and make enhancements to increase their effectiveness.
This position requires a bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Science, Computer Engineering, business, MIS or a related field from an accredited institution. A minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience is required. Experience working in or directly for the DoD is required. Clearance Requirements:
Must be a U.S. Citizen. This position requires an active SECRET
security clearance. Work Location:
Work is performed on government site at the Pentagon, unless directed. Employees will work in close proximity with Government personnel. Core work hours are 0800 to 1700 Monday through Friday except holidays.Na Alii Is Proud to Be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer