Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress,...
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Dell Technologies Internet of Things Solutions Division is seeking a Senior Product Manager for our next generation IoT solutions. This is a unique opportunity to grow with the evolving field of IoT and deliver significant business value to our customers in domains including Manufacturing, Energy, Transportation, Logistics, Agriculture, Mining, Healthcare, Retail and Smart Cities. Key to this role will be leading market planning and product management efforts for our contributions to external open source projects like EdgeX Foundry and internally-developed IoT solutions comprised of assets from Dell Technologies and strategic partners. You will work as part of an agile, globally distributed team on the latest technologies and tools and engage with technology leaders from across the Dell Technologies portfolio businesses and partner organizations.
We are looking for a talented technical professional with at least 15 years of proven experience in driving strategy, technical marketing and strategic business development. Are you passionate to participate in something new? Do you work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things? Do you have an end-to-end view of value-added solutions?
We have a growing team eager to solve big challenges. We use various development methodologies to meet business objectives, strive to maintain a reasonable work-life balance on our team, and to promote an atmosphere of learning from each other. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we'd love to hear from you. Responsibilities
- Lead product planning and management activities for Dell Technologies IoT infrastructure solutions
- Lead Dell Technologies planning for code contributions to open source efforts including EdgeX Foundry
- Lead the definition of partner certifications on top of Dell Technologies engineered infrastructure solutions
- Assist with market research to recommend IoT use cases with both the most compelling business value for customers and TAM for Dell Technologies
- Develop business cases for new solution investments
- Develop monetization strategy and pricing models for solution offerings, including creating innovative new revenue/business models. Pitch new solution ideas to executive stakeholders
- Collaborate with marketing planners across Dell Technologies to define a holistic vision for collective IoT offerings and influence product roadmaps within our portfolio businesses as appropriate
- Participate in customer briefings and comms activities (e.g. AR, PR and social)
- Work with the GTM team to develop product launch strategy for new IoT solutions including promotion, placement, pricing and training for sales and partners
- Work with extended worldwide GTM teams to ensure sales pipeline evolution
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline (Business, Marketing, Product Marketing/Planning) and 15+ years of experience with a proven track record of delivering results
- Experience in planning complex IaaS/PaaS/SaaS solutions comprised of hardware and software including summarizing customer feedback in Marketing Requirements Documents (MRDs) and subsequently facilitating product/solution development in collaboration with engineering teams
- Experience in business case development
- Subject matter experience in IoT and key tech trends for digital transformation (e.g. distributed computing, AI, blockchain, AR/VR, voice/NLP, wearables)
- Ability to reduce complex technology solutions into simple concepts including associated design tradeoffs and effectively articulate these concepts to a mix of technical and business-minded audiences
- Strong understanding of the principles of IoT solution architecture and development including analytics, compute infrastructure, networking, operating systems, connectivity protocols, sensors, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with making decisions between the inherent tradeoffs of features, cost and schedule when developing and implementing solutions for scale
- Subject matter expertise and experience using, planning, developing, or marketing IoT solutions in at least one of our target industries (e.g. Manufacturing, Energy, Transportation) with demonstrated ability to scale to other domains
- Strong analytical abilities and a natural predisposition towards using data to make decisions
- Ability to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data
- Strong executive communication and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively across diverse functional teams spanning CTO, engineering, marketing, procurement, operations and sales, in addition to engaging with customers and partners
- Experience communicating with cross-functional teams to collect requirements, describe and clarify strategy, specify solution features and refine technical designs
- Occasional work outside of normal business hours, attendance at after hour meetings, and business travel
- Experience working with open source projects
- Experience defining partner certification programs
- Knowledge of the current IoT landscape, trends and platforms (e.g. AWS IoT, Google IoT Core, IBM Watson, Microsoft Azure IoT Suite, PTC Thingworx, SAP Leonardo, Software AG Cumulocity/Apama)
- Working knowledge of OT (e.g. fieldbusses) and IT connectivity protocols
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment. Apply now! Dell
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here
- provided by Dice Agile, Architecture, CASE, Civil, CTO, Development, Genetic, Hardware, HTTP, IBM, Manager, Management, Networking, Project, Project Management, Protocols, Research, SAP, Sales