Freddie Mac is seeking a seeking a highly experienced leader with a proven track record of building high performing teams that design, deliv...
Freddie Mac is seeking a seeking a highly experienced leader with a proven track record of building high performing teams that design, deliver and maintain industrial scale technology platforms that enable strategic business priorities. If you have a strong hands-on IT leadership background and passion for delivering business outcomes by innovating and exploiting new / emerging technology, we are hiring a Senior Innovation, Data & Analytics Director.
This role will partner with the business areas to rapidly innovate, incubate, architect, build and maintain strategic emerging Data and Analytics platform.
The individual will need to be able to assess current state, leverage division best practices and influence across the organization.
Your work falls into the following categories:
Team Leadership & Administration
* Build, develop and manage a high performing team of architects, engineers, data scientists, analysts, and PMs.
* Champion culture change and instill focus on proactive customer /stakeholder & platform management, strategy & roadmap development, technical excellence: all with an extreme focus on consistently delivering high quality, timely business outcomes.
* Actively and efficiently manage an active portfolio / pipeline of multiple competing priorities with transparent, views on demand / supply and resource capacity management.
* Optimize the mix of FTE / Vendor resources to develop, grow and cross train resources to eliminate single person risk.
* Financial Management - Accurately estimate new work, defend and correlate investments to business outcomes, and proactively manage finances within approved budgets.
* Proactive Risk Management - self identify & communicate risks, establish, track & implement risk mitigation strategies
Innovation, Strategy & Platform Management
* Proactively foster and maintain strategic relationships with customers, partners & vendors to drive win-win outcomes for all parties.
* Build credibility through consistent delivery; influence across the organization by demonstrating thought leadership, collaboration and consistent performance.
* Define & implement an efficient, secure & rapid framework to innovate, incubate, evaluate and scale new and emerging technologies.
* Partner with stakeholders to define and gain support for the technology strategy, associated roadmap and business case for the Enterprise Data & Analytics domain.
* Evaluate business requirements, design fit for purpose architecture solutions that enable the strategy.
* Plan, implement and maintain a broad portfolio of programs / technology change enabling the strategy / business outcomes on time, on budget without compromising quality.
* Proactively monitor, measure, optimize and sustain operational excellent across all platforms -incident, problem, change, configuration, release, capacity, continuity, performance and SLA management.
* Technology Platform Design and Management - including but not limited to Cloud, MPP Platforms, Hadoop, Vertica, Mongo, DB2, Oracle, Informatica, SAS, Data Caching / Virtualization, Machine Learning, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Python, R, Perl, Linux, and containerization.
* Implement Modern Delivery Methodologies and Toolsets aligned with the enterprise to drive continuous integration / delivery, agile development practices, and end to end automation.
* 15+ years or experience related to the following:
* Building and developing high performing - customer focused technology delivery organizations
* Expertise in stakeholder management - building, fostering and improving customer, partner and team satisfaction
* Proven track record of defining, delivering, and securing executive support for complex multiyear Technology Strategies & Roadmaps
* Technical expertise with Enterprise Data Platforms, Data Science, Advanced Analytics and Cloud
* Demonstrated experience implementing Centers of Excellence - skillfully navigating complexities of providing enterprise capabilities with decentralized execution
* Exploiting technology to deliver tangible business value and outcomes
* In depth, hands-on, applied knowledge of enterprise architecture domains - business, information, application, infrastructure & security
Key to success in this role:
* Build and maintain win-win strategic partnerships
* Exceptional customer focus
* High quality, consistent delivery of business value
* Technical expertise - Enterprise Architecture, Data & Analytics Domains, Cloud
* Operational Excellence and Proactive Platform Management
* Strong command over Risk / Reward, Tradeoffs, Business Impact Analysis
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V. SDL2017