REEDS Jewelers is a family-owned retail jewelry business proudly celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2021. We appreciate being known as the ...
REEDS Jewelers is a family-owned retail jewelry business proudly celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2021. We appreciate being known as the trustworthy community jeweler who offers approachable luxury products and services. Operating with the highest professional standards of quality merchandise, superior customer service, and industry ethics, our associates are the key to our success.
How is a 75-year old company leading innovation online? We were among the first retail jewelers on the web, launching in 1996; were the first retail jeweler accepting Bitcoin online and in-store; and developed the world's first luxury Android smartwatch with LG Electronics, the LG Urbane Luxe.
Reeds Jewelers is currently searching for a Senior Hybrid Magento Developer to join the newly formed e-Commerce Technology Team. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and within a team to achieve the development goals of the main client, Reed's eCommerce.
This position is a remote position and may require relocation to our headquarters in the beautiful coastal city of Wilmington, NC in the future.
- 1-3 years of Magento 2 development experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of overall web development experience.
- Experience with PHP 7+ including knowledge of Symfony is desired.
- Experience with frontend JS frameworks such as jQuery and React.js.
- Experience with database technologies including MySQL and MariaDB and the ability to use SQL to write queries to analyze data.
- Experience with writing new custom Magento 2 extensions, extend core functionality and installing third party extensions.
- Experience with SASS or LESS for
- Deep experience with Git and have the ability to create and push branches. Experience with GitHub, Bit Bucket or related Git repository software is preferred.
- Experience with Linux including command line experience.
- Experience with Agile methodologies for project management including the ability to work in a two-week sprint setup.
- Experience QA/UAT testing methodologies including automated testing is desired.
- Experience using Docker for local development efforts.
- Have great communication skills with members of the team. This includes the use of Microsoft Teams and Outlook as well as team conference calls throughout the day.
REEDS Jewelers offers a comprehensive compensation program that includes paid time off, health, dental, life, disability insurance, 401k, merchandise discounts, career growth and a drug free workplace.