Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic ...
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are the world's biggest business media brand and we consistently place in the top 20 of the most-popular sites in the United States, in good company with brands like Netflix, Apple and Google. In short, we have a big platform and we use it responsibly.
Our office is currently remote. Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. Upon our return to the office, the expectation is that this role will be based out of Jersey City, NJ, offering a hybrid work schedule, or can be remote, based in the US.
Forbes is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Software Engineer to join our Engagement and Subscriptions Group. It will be your responsibility to participate in shaping how Forbes addresses the challenges of user accounts and engaging with content across our many products. From establishing technical design patterns to developing strategies for integrating with new and emerging technologies, ranging from ETL pipelines to the blockchain, this role has a wide array of exciting problems to solve.
In addition to joining a high performing team, you would be joining a passionate and engaged culture that celebrates:
- Entrepreneurship: Freedom to innovate, identify new opportunities and take on responsibilities
- Career Development: Formal mentorship program, industry conference attendance and speaking opportunities
- Work/Life Balance: Flexible work schedule, regular group outings (innings?), the celebration of passion projects and side hustles, an understanding that you are human and the complexities that come with that
- Positivity: Emphasis on positive communication, growing everyone and team building
If you're looking for challenges and opportunities similar to those of a startup, with the benefits of a seasoned, successful company, read on.
- Feature development and mentoring for engineering excellence
- Strong full-stack web development ability
- Experience in multiple JS frameworks
- Strong skills in node.js
- Enterprise comfort with MongoDB or Firebase or MySQL
- A passion for Unit & e2e Testing
- Deep understanding of the full technical stack
- BigQuery and/or GCP experience preferred
- Experience working with ETL pipelines a plus but not required
- Clear and positive communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Drive to mentor and help other engineers grow
- A product-value driven mindset
- Participate and help lead Agile/Scrum ceremonies
- Lead projects on a technical level
- Develop features with high-quality, maintainable, scalable code
- Participate in Code Reviews
- Champion Unit and Integration Testing
- Analyze and resolve emerging technical issues
- Collaborate with product owners and designers
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.