Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Design Technology
In Design Tech, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution.
The Role: Senior Frontend Engineer
Our front end engineers are experts at making Gemini's mission clear and accessible to our customers through intelligent development of well-designed visual elements. An ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for identifying opportunities to improve user experience, robust experience translating design frameworks into code to improve both internal and user-facing applications, and a proactive desire to collaborate with fellow developers, designers, and product managers to present a shared artistic vision.
This position is full-time and will report to the Manager of Frontend Engineering.
- Develop and maintain front end functionality for multiple products, including Gemini's internal Admin Tool, Cash Management tools, Trading UIs, Website, Compliance tools, etc
- Provide technical input on planning, design, and requirements-gathering process for new products and product features that are implemented
- Participate in team code review with fellow engineers, with a keen eye towards correctness, style, and information security concerns
- Improve performance, maintainability, and operations of the Gemini internal tool code base by engaging in occasional refactoring and upgrade projects
- 7-10+ experience
- 2+ years mentoring and managing other developers
- A strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and interface usability with a demonstrated record of good design flow in interactive applications
- Demonstrated experience working with data displays and/or large data sets
- Experience building dynamic web interfaces using React.js
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
It Pays to Work Here
- Experience with
- Scala, Java or another JVM based languages
- Working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology in the financial services industry, such as on exchanges or trading firms
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development