It's an exciting time at Presidio as we "Think Bigger!" and grow in the Central Area. At Presidio, we help clients unlock the unlimited pote...
It's an exciting time at Presidio as we "Think Bigger!" and grow in the Central Area. At Presidio, we help clients unlock the unlimited potential of a completely connected world. We understand that the backbone of this unprecedented level of connection is Information Technology. Due to continued growth, Presidio is currently hiring a Senior Network Engineer to join our local team in Carmel, IN (Regional clients, minimal overnight travel)
Education and Experience
- Primary responsibilities include performing project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of data networks
- A combination of pre and post sales engineering
- Creates technical deliverables including network assessments, capacity planning, detailed design documents, implementation plans, configurations, and change orders.
- Develop comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation and effectively manage the implementation process from design to customer acceptance
- Work with the engineering team to successfully implement data network solutions
- LAN routing, switching and security configuration and deployment in an enterprise environment
- Assist clients through planning, design and implementation of data networks
- 5+ years of networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting networks
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- CCNP Route/Switch is preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience of core routing, switching and security design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Configuration and design experience with Cisco ASA and Sourcefire technologies
- The candidate must be able to articulate the following networking elements:
- Spanning-Tree, VTP, Port Channels, Virtual Port Channels, VSS
- OSPF, EIGRP, BGP (including MPBGP-VPNv4, VRF-Lite)
- QoS, DNS, DHCP, Virtualization, IPSec VPN, SSL VPN
- Extensive network troubleshooting experience including the ability to use debugs and packet captures to accurately diagnose problems.
Additional desired Skills:
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and consultative skills
- Ability to perform tasks with minor supervision
- Solid documentation experience with Visio, Word, Excel
- Team oriented, able to provide and be open to receiving constructive feedback
- Ability to travel up to 25% regionally
Our Core Values:
- Configuration and design experience with:
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switching
- Palo Alto Networks
- Cisco ISE (Strongly preferred)
- F5 LTM, APM, GTM
- Riverbed NPM, APM & WAN Optimization
- Working knowledge of compliance standards such as SOCS, PCI, NIST
- Programming with Python, Ansible, PERL
At Presidio, our core values define our culture. They are our guiding principles and our fundamental beliefs. We are always looking for top talent that can embody the values listed below. TEAMWORK
We foster a collaborative, respectful work environment that brings together our diverse talents and extends to our customer relationships. We believe that when everyone is working together, success follows. EXECUTION EXCELLENCE
We are passionate, practical, responsive and relentless in delivering the right solutions to our customers and partners. INTEGRITY
We are experienced professionals who work to the highest standards of ethics and honesty. FORWARD THINKING
We are visionary in our approach, constantly looking ahead to anticipate what's next. We strive to be leaders in everything we do.ABOUT PRESIDIO Presidio is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the highest levels and has strengthened its drive to build and drive systemic DE&I change process across all levels of the organization. Cultivating a culture of inclusion where the expression of all our differences are valued, celebrated, and add to our collective achievements.
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for its customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2019, we serve approximately 7,900 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $3.0 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. For more information visit: . Digital Infrastructure:
Our Digital Infrastructure solutions help make existing IT infrastructure more efficient, while equipping our clients for a cloud-flexible, mobile-ready, highly secured, insight-driven future. Given the millions of potential configurations across these technologies, our clients rely on our expertise to simplify a highly complex IT landscape, helping to identify and deploy the solutions most appropriate for their business needs. Our Digital Infrastructure solutions scale from workgroup to the largest enterprise requirements. Cloud:
We help our clients take cloud strategy and adoption to the next level. Through our advanced cloud solutions practice, combined with Presidio's IT infrastructure expertise, we provide private, hybrid, and multi cloud solutions. By closely aligning our services and solutions with our strategic partners Microsoft Azure™, Amazon Web Services™, Intel ® and VMware™ Presidio offers cloud strategy, architecture and implementation services along with application rationalization and migration across the hybrid and multi-cloud data center environment. In addition, our new and innovative Presidio Cloud Concierge solution provides a foundation for Automation and Self-Services across Clouds to improve productivity and drive increased levels of governance and security.
Rather than a "one size fits all" approach, or having to choose between public or private, Presidio tailors a hybrid cloud strategy to meet your unique business requirements. We help our clients accelerate and simplify cloud adoption across the entire IT lifecycle. Security:
Our comprehensive security risk methodology gives customers the ability to safeguard their environments and critical business data. This includes continuous threat protection and risk mitigation through the Presidio Cyber Risk Management program, a next generation approach that integrates security strategy, assessments, architecture and remediation, and aligns all of these with organizational goals.
Presidio Cyber Risk Management provides clients with a holistic approach for effective security policies and procedures, risk assessment and management, regulatory compliance, incident response, and education and awareness. We use an established risk management methodology and proprietary risk scoring process to provide the IT leader and board of directors with an ongoing view of their organization's risk exposure and remediation path. Emerging Technologies:
Emerging technologies such as IoT, blockchain and artificial intelligence continue to disrupt current business models, and customers are faced with the task of transforming their organizations to achieve desired outcomes. Increased demand for operational efficiencies, better customer experience and improving safety and security has taken priority. This accelerated rate of change is prompting businesses to align their processes, applications and infrastructure to new consumption and service-based models. For our customers, it means enabling a seamless exchange of data within complex ecosystems to help advance digital transformation.
At Presidio Emerging Technologies, we provide solutions for safety and security, mobile and wireless communications, data collection and analytics using purpose-built, ruggedized hardware and software. Presidio offers validated solutions for Industrial Insights , Connected Transportation , Smart Cities , and Safer Schools .Presidio is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances. To read more about discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: (Get Acrobat Reader) If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to for assistance.
..... click apply for full job details