DescriptionHealthcare technology is evolving at an amazing rate and Humana is the place you want to work if you are interested in improving ...
DescriptionHealthcare technology is evolving at an amazing rate and Humana is the place you want to work if you are interested in improving healthcare experiences, reducing cost and solving complex problems.
Join our highly talented team and engineer software products that blending emerging and mature modern technologies to deliver tremendous value. This team will adhere to agile processes and work on a cross functional team that includes designers, a product owner and architects. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of data and creation of algorithms requires experience and the advanced critical thinking.
The Senior Emerging Technology Full Stack Software Engineer researchesemerging technologies andcreates a point of view on the new capabilities offered, implications and recommendations toimprove existing/futuresolution architecture. Supports research projects to identify and evaluate emerging technologies. Interfaces with users and staff to evaluate possible implementation of the new technology in the enterprise, consistent with the goal of improving existing systems and technologies and in meeting the needs of the business. Analyzes and researches process of deployment and assists in this process. Begins to influence departments strategy through hands on experience with the emerging technologiesand thorough research. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Possesses the ability to tell a clear story in non technical terms what is made possible by using the emerging technology compared to what existscurrently.
Are you passionate about an opportunity to learn about emerging technologies and use that knowledge to deliver solutions that improve healthcare?
The Sr. Emerging Technology Engineer will focus on developing products that demonstrate how emerging technology can advance healthcare and tackle existing challenges. This will require an engineer comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about learning, intensely curious and focused on making meaningful change. Technologies may include focal areas like blockchain, advanced cryptography, IoT, remote monitoring, quantum computing and other emerging technologies.
Emerging technologies will play a role in decreasing the cost of healthcare in the US and this role will be working with a cross functional team focused on how to make progress on that goal while also improving the experience for all the stakeholders across healthcare.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Professional Certifications as an Architect or Engineer in Azure Cloud
- 5+ years of Software Development experience in a variety of programming languages
- 2+ years leading architecture decisions for a development team
- Proven ability to clearly communicate architecture decisions and secure stakeholder alignment
- 2+ years experience with cloud-based infrastructure (PCF, AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Familiarity with GIT
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- Experience with Blockchain/Distributed Ledger Technologies
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Experience working directly with clients, leading projects, and mentoring engineers
- Familiarity with micro-services architecture
- Participation/Experience with Open Source efforts
- A good communicator who can express their ideas, consider others and make informed decisions (experience with/affinity for pairing is a plus)