The Digital Enablement Office is responsible for the Global Call Center Technologies, Document Management and Content Services, along with S...
The Digital Enablement Office is responsible for the Global Call Center Technologies, Document Management and Content Services, along with Secure DevOps, Continuous Integration and Big Data platforms and standards. In addition, this group will lead small Emerging Tech efforts across the enterprise, looking to capitalize on the collective talents of the Liberty Mutual Technology team, including blockchain, voice enablement and Workgrid.
We are currently hiring for a Senior Director, Big Data Platforms who will lead the support & collaboration across the enterprise for Big Data Platforms and related technology. Responsibilities include setting standards, best practices, and tools that can be leveraged across the enterprise while allowing information management groups to remain data independent. This role will report to the SVP & Chief Digital Enablement Officer.
About the role:
- Directs the strategic design of new systems across multiple environments and business groups. Implements business and/or I/S vision, critical success factors and operating plans; ensures the implementation and use of best software development practices.
- Communicates department/enterprise vision, strategies, critical success factors and plans; develops high level plans. Anticipates and manages technology evolution and relates it to business solutions. Sets high level direction based on knowledge of industry trends, overall technology standards, and alignment to the business.
- Hires and manages lower level managers; coaches and counsels managers regarding management techniques. Determines and manages staffing strategy and plan (# of FTEs, skills needed, depth of experience, internal and external staffing mix) consistent with the needs of the department.
- Defines department objectives and identifies and addresses group development needs to create high performance software development organization.
- Initiates and fosters business partnerships with current and potential clients, vendors, I/S executives, and senior business executives; develops relationships that promote trust and increase efficiency and effectiveness; balances individual client needs with business priorities assuring alignment with the business strategies and objectives.
- Oversees the development, implementation and execution of multiple projects ensuring scope and schedule are established for projects; oversees operating plan and resource allocation for the department, including prioritization and staff deployment; acts based on changed priorities.
- Jointly establishes financial targets with business partners, and ensures that projects deliver to plan.
- Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts; performs or directs research on industry trends, competitors, business and IT products; analyzes trends and makes strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in technical or business discipline or related experience; Master's Degree preferred.
- Generally a minimum of 15 years related experience with 5 years in leadership role desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies and their application to business opportunities.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and tools and IT standards and guidelines. Advanced knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques.
- Ability to promote a team environment consisting of several teams.
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.