Role: Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking to hire a candidate with the below skills and experience mentioned for one of our major clients...
Role: Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking to hire a candidate with the below skills and experience mentioned for one of our major clients based out of Newark, NJ, in the Technology industry/domain. This is a permanent hiring opportunity, open to Contract to Hire. Position will start out as remote with occasional visits to Newark, NJ when needed. Thus, candidates within several hours of Newark would work out. Also, this is a spinout from a 15-year-old company. But, it will operate like a startup in terms of urgency and challenges. Interested candidates may share their updated resume to
Carolina - OMG Technologies.com
About the Client:
Dropp is an innovative startup in the payments industry. The Dropp platform enables micropayments that can vary in size from a few dollars to a few cents. This will revolutionize the payments industry and enable new business models. They are looking for engineers who are looking to working at a startup where there will meet new challenges and exciting opportunities. The team is all about leveraging new technologies such as: Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Elastic Search, machine learning, among much more, to build new business concepts. As a result, they are always looking for passionate, innovative, and driven individuals who want to excel in the technology industry.
Our Client who is developing a new digital payment platform is looking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer with strong expertise the Auto Scaling, Terraform, Kubernetes and Docker in additions to the general DevOps requirements, ideally as a permeant employee or as a contract to hire basis. The candidate need to be self-driven and take the initiate to design and/or recommend solutions.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Participate in architecture discussions and design of cloud system infrastructure, security, operations, monitoring, and scalability
- Will work closely with the software development teams in defining their DevOps CI/CD pipeline and processes and implement and configure the DevOps tools with them
- Implement automation solution for Microservices-based applications
- Setup of systems monitoring to assure reliable operation and performance
- System troubleshooting across the software platform
DevOps engineers should have a blend of experience in the following areas:
- A four year or master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or related field is a must.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience as DevOps Engineer who can design or recommend solutions independently.
- Extensive experience deploying applications on public clouds such as Amazon Web Services or Azure.
- Strong experience with Terraform and Kubernetes running complex, Autoscaling containerized workloads a must.
- Strong understanding of security in cloud environments.
- Experience with technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and Kafka.
- Deep experience with containers running production workloads using Docker, Core OS rkt, or other containers.
- Experience with configuring and building CI/CD workflows with Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, CloudTrails and setting up monitoring.
NOTE: The candidate needs strong hands-on experience with AUTOSCALING, TERRAFORM, KUBERNETES and DOCKER,
- Experience working a start-up company (a Big plus)
- Knowledge of Blockchain technologies (a Big Plus).
- A self-starter and go - getter.
- A "Can-do" attitude with ability to drive things.
- The candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Must possess very good communication skills and very good analytical skills.
Other Job Specifications:
- Employment Type: Permanent hiring as well as Contract to Hire (CTH). Primarily looking for candidates who can accept employment without sponsorships.
- Job Location: Newark, NJ. It can be REMOTE with occasional visits to Newark, NJ when needed.
- Salary: Permanent Employment 150K -160K plus 10-15% Target Bonus and Benefits Options. For a CTH scenario up to $720 per professional while during the contracting period.
- Start Date: Immediately
Interested candidates may share their updated resume to Carolina - OMG Technologies. Thank You.
- provided by Dice