Senior Developer (Java, Spring, Web Services - REST/SOAP) Northern Trust is currently hiring for a Senior Developer to join our Fintech Solu...
Senior Developer (Java, Spring, Web Services - REST/SOAP) Northern Trust is currently hiring for a Senior Developer to join our Fintech Solutions team. The successful candidate will be involved in the development of enterprise scale applications & services based on core technologies and analyzing business requirements to deliver quality technical solutions. The job holder will also be responsible for providing direction to a team, designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting technologies that are delivered on time and within budget.
• Analyzes system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between affected components and sub systems.
• Will lead assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance across cross functional teams and multiple sites.
• May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
• Directs component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for development initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance.
• Participates in system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
• Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
• Ensures proper analysis of problems and approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
• Guides teams to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. Competencies
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
• Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and eight (8) years of related experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in designing and building high performance internet scale Java applications.
• Prior experience in a technical leadership position lead a team of 4-6 developers.
• Knowledge of/Experience in the following:
o Spring, Hibernate, web services - REST/SOAP, JMS, JPA, CXF, SLF4J.
o Expert knowledge in Dependency injection and ORM frameworks.
o Distributed architectures, strong OO background, SOA, web services and messaging paradigms.
o Enterprise Java technology, Web Servers and Application Containers.
o Well versed in relational / non-relational data stores.
o Profiling and improving performance of Java applications from threading, memory management, container optimization etc.
o Automated testing frameworks - unit and integration tests.
o Continuous delivery processes from automated build, test and deployment.
o Exposure to Bitcoin/Blockchain technologies will be a significant advantage.