Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
* Candidates in the New York, Austin and/or RTP (Research Triangle Park / Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC) locations are preferred, but candidates within other major IBM hubs will be considered as well.*
IBM's digital future is our business. And you will be at the center of this innovation. Our vision for the next gen IBM.com is unlike any typical corporate marketing websites out there. We imagine it to be a platform where our users not only find what they are looking for, but also a place where they manage their projects, get things done, and extend and expand their projects efficiently and effectively.
Sound Interesting? Here's what you'll do....
As a designer assigned to the design system team, you will be part of the program that sets the design standards and excellence across IBM. You will also be part of a larger corporate initiative that is evolving IBM's digital experiences in response to the accelerated digital transformation the company is taking on. Building upon the core Carbon Design System, and working with other designers and developers, you will continue to evolve and grow the Carbon Design System with the additional components necessary for IBM.com and IBM's web experiences, patterns, and guidelines.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Participate in design research to inform UX and visual design
* Work with discipline leads to strategize and plan
* Create UX wireframes and visual design based on research
* Present designs solutions to team members, product owners and stakeholders - Gather feedback and iterate
* Document specs, prepare assets and conduct testing with the development team to launch new designs
* Author and publish guidelines about components and patterns on the design system site
* Provide domain expertise in design to the team and product owner in support of decision making
* Connect with leaders from other disciplines to create strategies to deliver
* Leading the design team as a Sr. Designer
* Provide mentorship to junior designers on the team and within the org
IBM's digital future is our business. We ask if there are different ways to help our customers, more modern, more delightful, more innovative, and simply better. We're hiring....JOIN US>
#InVision #Sketch # #UX #UI #
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
In addition to your strong written and verbal communication skills, you'll possess....
* 8+ years of experience in visual and UX design
* A true hybrid with solid foundations in UX, UI, editorial, and graphic design
* Experience working with and/or high level of familiarity with working within design systems
* Experience in design strategy
* Expertise in Design Thinking practices
* Successful track record working in and leading interdisciplinary teams
* Successful track record participating in interdisciplinary teams informed by stakeholder and user inputs
* Ability to either create animated prototypes, or lead the design & production of prototypes
* Substantial experience using, designing, and managing design systems
* Systemic design approach with demonstrated ability to formulate research plans and execute
* Usability and accessibility
* Proficiency in digital design tools such as InVision and/or Sketch, etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* 5+ years of experience in multiple areas of design including UX, UI, visual, and editorial
* 3+ years experience working with design system