Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Good design is good business. Experience is product. In the modern days of cloud, virtuality, and connectivity, IBM.com is increasingly becoming a core pillar of product experiences. And as such, we envision the next generation IBM.com to be a consistent, coherent, and delightful platform where our customers find information and get their jobs done in an efficient and effective way. You will be at the center of the evolution of IBM.com experiences in this new era. As the Senior Design Lead for the Digital Growth and Commerce design org, you will work with highly talented multi-disciplinary teams to create, own, and apply our vision of the next generation IBM.com experiences. You will shape the creative vision and culture for the design team. You will represent our users to our executives and stakeholders, and help the team and the company create user-centric offerings and experiences.
Who You Are...
You are a fearless Leader and Thinker who knows how to innovate towards the future - Possessing a solid foundation and proven expertise in core design areas including digital experience design, UX, UI, and visual. You employ your excellent written and verbal communication skills to succeed in a multi-team and multi-disciplinary environment. In this role, you'll provide mentorship to the multi-disciplinary team members and be the center of design excellence through examples and inspiration.
Sound interesting? Roles and responsibilities include...
* Create and own a creative vision for IBM.com and oversee the expression of it
* Lead creative strategy in collaboration with business, design teams, developers, and stakeholders
* Lead the Carbon Design System adoption on IBM.com through the evolution of Carbon for IBM.com library and by providing creative support for proper adoption
* Provide creative directorship to the various squads within Digital Growth Commerce and adopters who are building IBM.com experiences
* Represent and advocate for the users and work with stakeholders and executives to execute the creative vision, setting priorities, and operationalizing the various projects
* Represent IBM.com and web based design practices at the Carbon Steering committee and at the larger design leadership level.
IBM's digital future is our business. We ask if there are different ways to help our customers, more modern, more delightful, more innovative, and simply better. We're hiring...JOIN US.
#InVision #Sketch # #UX #UI # #usercentric #SCRUM #cx
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 10+ years of hands-on experience in user centric design areas including UX, UI, and visual
* 7+ years of experience in design strategy
* 5+ years as a Creative Director leading large scale creative projects
* Hands-on experience in research and data driven design
* Hands-on experience in systemic design at scale
* Hands-on experience in various design frameworks and methodologies - Including Design Thinking and Agile
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Hands-on experience in Carbon Designs System or other comparable large scale design system
* Hands-on experience in large scale design operation and oversight
* IBM Enterprise Design Thinking