Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, our design philosophy is to help guide people so they can do their best work. Because of designers at IBM, planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe. The team you'll be helping to lead is part of the worldwide design organization for AI Applications. AI Applications is an organization in IBM that is responsible for AI-enabled solutions that assist our customers in making more informed and data-driven decisions about how to manage their business. You will be a design leader on IBM Maximo, a market leading suite of applications that are used for the maintenance and operations of large physical assets such as bridges, solar plants and roller coasters. We are looking for an experienced Design Lead to help mentor and enable a cross-disciplinary team to deliver great end-to-end customer experiences.
The location of this position must be one of the following cities: Littleton, Massachusetts, or Raleigh, North Carolina, or Austin, Texas.
* Enable, drive and lead the design team, managing project tasks and deliverables using agile methodologies.
* Shape the strategy by setting high-level design goals to ensure a consistent and engaging experience. Analyze complexity, simplify workflows, identify the right problems to solve.
* Drive alignment by collaborating with designers, developers, marketers and product managers to drive a shared understanding of user's needs and behaviors.
* Translate research into outstanding user experiences, steward design from concept to final code. Creation of key UX artifacts such as concept maps, storyboards, taxonomies, prototypes, patterns, information architecture, workflows and design specifications.
* Develop and playback interaction concepts to the larger team and be able to clearly defend design choices through employing prototypes at different fidelities to communicate design intent.
* Identify new components, patterns, and templates to be incorporated into the design standards while working with other designers across the organization to ensure consistency.
* Review designs of the multi-skilled design team, improving the work while growing the designers. Foster a team culture of diversity and transparent collaboration.
* Lead team stand-ups & playbacks and present design work as part of a compelling narrative to elicit buy-in from cross-disciplinary stakeholders.
* Advocate for and facilitate human centered design in everyday work and client meetings.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Portfolio of previous work must be presented incorporating UI designs and/or sketches that demonstrate an understanding of wireframing, interaction design, visual design and design best practices.
* At least 7 years of experience in solving complex user problems through user interface design, creating mock-ups and prototypes (low- and high- fidelity), as well as documenting interaction patterns for product UI.
* Experience with creating user scenarios for usability testing, analysis of industry trends, task analysis, workflow design, layout & composition and reporting conclusions in well-developed documents.
* Experience with design tools (Sketch, InVision, or Adobe Creative Cloud).
* Strong communication, storytelling, and documentation skills.
* Experience leading a team towards the successful delivery of high-quality designs to market.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience in mobile design and delivery
* Experience in enterprise software design and delivery