Senior Analyst, Data Solutions - Comcast Global Audit Primary Responsibilities: Senior Analysts provide support to CGA engageme...
Senior Analyst, Data Solutions - Comcast Global Audit Primary Responsibilities: Senior Analysts provide support to CGA engagements by identifying risks and generating insights for audit scope areas through data analytics and/or identifying efficiencies through automation. With our standard engagement cadence and focus on diversifying our talent, Senior Analysts will be responsible for providing ad hoc reporting, proactive monitoring metrics (dashboards) and analyses, and identifying/executing automation opportunities. In this role you will gain broad exposure to the Comcast Corporation through the audit process.
What You Deliver
* Delivers on project tasks and assists with the development of project plans and timelines.
* Assists less experienced team members in understanding and executing data analytics and automation activities.
* Identifies audit scope areas that can be automated or repeated through data analytics and works with leadership to schedule/implement.
* Ensures all data is secure and follows company policies regarding data classification.
* Identifies opportunities for improvement to team activities, tools, and training.
* Supports department objectives and performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
* Extracts, manipulates, visualizes, and analyzes accurate, relevant, timely, and cohesive analytics that support the audit lifecycle.
* Discusses engagement objectives with other CGA team members and provides recommendations on potential data analytics to support the audit.
* Analyzes data to determine if businesses are conducting operations in accordance with established policies/procedures, best practices, US GAAP, and governmental and legal requirements.
* Applies analytical models (e.g., regression, simulation, statistical, etc.) to audit scope areas to identify outliers, trends and/or projections, where appropriate.
* Uses data concepts, tools, and programming techniques including SQL programming, MS SQL Server development, Oracle Business Intelligence, Teradata, Tableau, and/or comparable platforms (e.g., Alteryx, Python) to perform extract, transform, load (ETL) and data analysis activities.
* Prepares clear and well-organized analysis workpapers, documenting root-cause (as applicable), work performed, findings, and recommendations.
* Creates graphical reports and executive presentations to effectively summarize analysis and findings.
* Monitor performance and stability of systems or platforms (on-premise and cloud solutions), including troubleshooting/debugging, root cause analysis of service disruptions and triage of issues reported by end users. Remediation of disruptions and collaborating or escalation of disruptions to proper teams for resolution. Monitor user access to ensure onboarded users are provisioned with proper permissions.
* Assists with managing, scheduling, monitoring, and maintaining automated processes in production.
How You Deliver
* Demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp complex subject matter and apply strong analytical skills and business knowledge to assessing processes, risks, and controls.
* Stays current on data analytics trends (e.g., new tools, statistical methods, visualization techniques) as well as emerging technologies that impact how data can be used on audits (e.g., AI, Blockchain, RPA).
* Works with discretion regarding work details on assignments of a varied and difficult nature.
* Utilizes creative thinking, individual initiative, and flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
* Exhibits willingness to tackle new areas and challenging topics.
* Demonstrates the ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
* Acts in accordance with stated CGA and company policies and practices, and maintains the highest degree of integrity in all activities and interactions.
* Displays regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s), as necessary.
How You Partner
* Exhibits strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications, and an ability to collaborate with others.
* Shows respect to other team members and clients in all interactions.
* Demonstrates a willingness to assist other team members in areas outside of direct assignments, when necessary.
* Collaborates in a virtual environment to complete projects with team members in various locations.
* Educates audit team members on data analytics and automation techniques through daily interactions.
How You Develop
* Exhibits a commitment to continuously self-improve by working with leadership to leverage strengths and focus on areas of development.
* Gains knowledge of IT controls and cyber security concepts, and applies to engagements.
Educational, Experience, and Skill Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Management Information Systems (MIS), Business Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Technology, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, and/or Mathematics with solid academic credentials is required.
* Generally, requires 3-7 years of related experience, such as business analysis, business intelligence or data analysis.
* Knowledge of Cable, Media, or Telecom industry experience is a plus.
* Experience with SQL programming, MS SQL Server development, Oracle Business Intelligence, Teradata, Tableau, Data Bricks, Snowflake and/or comparable platforms (e.g., Spark, Python, R) is preferred.
* Experience working with data analytics and cyber controls is a plus.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
* Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
* Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
* Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
* Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
* Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
* Drive results and growth.
* Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
* Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
* This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.