The challenge of today's IT environment is to be able to rapidly develop and release new capabilities while keeping stability across core ap...
The challenge of today's IT environment is to be able to rapidly develop and release new capabilities while keeping stability across core applications. Various layers of development pace require an understanding of how value is defined, services are architected and consumed, and how work flows across delivery to meet the needs of the business and consumer.
A Digital Operating Model Consultant helps our clients realize the future state, to define and adopt a product-based operating model. In this role, you will help clients develop their technology product model, define the right governance and strategic functions, and create a flexible model for product teams. You will help them operate in a way that allows them to achieve product-specific business value, learn how to continuously iterate and improve that value by incorporating real customer feedback and insights, and successfully define organizational change management strategies to lead the client through the significant culture change needed by both the IT and Business organizations.
You will use ISG core frameworks and delivery approaches for operating model discovery, analysis, design, and implementation. These frameworks and approaches are used to help the client successfully transform from function-based siloes using a short-lived "project" delivery approach to more Business and IT cross-functional teams delivering in a more perpetual "products" approach. This shift, from project to product, must contemplate all components of the operating model to succeed. For IT shared-services departments, this means helping them create a digital backbone and products that enable development and product teams to adopt and use these services quickly, mindfully and sustainably. For software development and DevOps teams and the business, this means helping to develop, operate and improve the digital products that engage their end customers.
Through deep professional services engagements, the Digital Operating Model practice helps our clients define their target product-based operating model, including defining requirements and changes to their existing products/capabilities, delivery models, processes, and people/workforce. We then coach and facilitate the execution, including the culture change, working with their leaders and teams to ensure that the model is successful and sustainable.
We need consultants who can utilize their experience in Agile, DevOps, Lean, Product Management and modern technology delivery models (as-a-Service, automation, etc.) along with ISG design methodologies to enable a client to transform their operating model to a flexible yet cost effective agile enterprise.
Typical engagements the Digital Operating Model Principal Consultant will be involved in are:
• Workshops to inform clients about digital, operating model, enterprise agility, sourcing / solution and organizational market trends and developments
• Assessment of existing operating model and delivery environment
• Target operating model design (capabilities/products, value streams, delivery models, shared service functions, partner ecosystem, organization / teams / skills, technology landscape (at a very high level), governance and performance management of the IT estate)
• IT and Digital Strategy development
• IT Governance and decision rights design & implementation
• Partner ecosystem strategies
• Skills assessment and gap mitigation strategies
• Organization change management and culture change
• Organization design
• Coaching and facilitation in transformation to the new target operating model
The Digital Operating Model Principal Consultant supports operating model engagements under the direction of a director or partner either for a specific engagement or with an agreed role in a specific area of an engagement, and also supports internal practice development activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Qualifications:
• 2+ years of digital operating model development and transformation
• 3+ years of Agile Development, Continuous Development in a DevOps environment, and/or Scrum consulting or delivery experience; developing or delivering complex operational solutions including shared and business services is a plus.
• Product Management disciplines, with scaled movement to product-orientation a plus.
• 5+ years in Information Technology, working in a technical delivery role (applications or infrastructure related roles).
• Competency in the following key disciplines is desirable:
o Application Development Lifecycle Management techniques (SDLCs such as Kanban, SCRUM, SAFe, etc.)
o DevOps practices and CI/CD automation and continuous delivery disciplines
o Cloud computing and cloud-native applications development and management
o Understanding of Service Lifecycle Management disciplines (Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations, and Continual Improvement - ITIL, Cobit, IT4IT models)
o Modern architectures (microservices, APIs, integration layers, etc.) at a high level
o Knowledge of Automation areas (RPA, Cognitive, AI, autonomation)
• Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to all levels of management including senior leaders.
• Knowledge or experience in maturing technologies such as APIs, Open Source, Containers, Version Control environments, AI / Cognitive, Data Analytics, Blockchain and other digital capabilities highly desirable
• Any experience with operating model design, organization design, organization change management or culture change is a plus
• Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in a technical or scientific field or a business degree with relevant work experience.
• MBA/MS or other advanced degree(s) desirable
• Agile, SAFe, Lean/Six Sigma and/or Scrum certifications desirable
• DevOps and/or DevOps Architecture certifications desirable
• AWS, Azure Cloud or Solution Architecture certification desirable
• 80% - 100% required
• Demonstrates working knowledge with MS-Office suite of software applications and tools, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams and MS Outlook.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides consultation services to clients.
• Gains an understanding of client's current situation and environment by gathering needed information and using appropriate frameworks and models in the development of tailored material for decision-making purposes.
• Develops client specific operating model design materials.
• Participates as a principal or lead on engagements or as a key contributor on engagements in a given role and under the leadership of an engagement lead.
• Develops materials and conducts in both workshop and presentation style at all organizational levels.
• Uses expertise in collaboration with the team, including the client, to develop solutions specific to the client's identified problem and/or objective.
• Participates in operating model design, organizational design, and education within the areas of Agile and DevOps practices and techniques in a product-oriented environment.