Are you an experienced senior developer who can assist our customers in architecting and developing applications that can fully leverage the...
Are you an experienced senior developer who can assist our customers in architecting and developing applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption? AWS Professional Services consultants work with our customers to get the most out of the platform and to learn how to iterate and innovate to build next-generation applications and services. If you want to work on some of the world's biggest application design challenges to help invent the future of digital products, join our team.
AWS Professional Services is seeking a talented and passionate Senior AppDev Consultant to join our growing innovation and product design consulting team. This Senior AppDev Consultant will work with customers to build innovative applications and coach our customers to integrate cloud-native application design and how to execute an iterative, agile approach into their processes and culture. This AppDev Consultant will be expected to be a thought leader within AWS Professional Services, and to mentor other application developers at our customers and consulting partners.
Throughout the product development lifecycle the Senior AppDev Consultant will work collaboratively with a strong design team, engineers, big data experts, product managers, and executives. They will deliver tangible solutions using lean principles, iterative agile development, multi-functional teams and advanced technical concepts such as containers, micro-services, AI/ML, stateless, distributed, at scale and serverless and event-driven architectures. The role of an AppDev Consultant will apply these methods to assemble and deliver cutting-edge solutions for the world's leading clients.
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset, constantly challenge the norm and look for better solutions? Do you have a Lean startup mentality with a good imagination and startup commercial acumen? Are you passionate about technology, understand digital architectures & platforms and quick to master emerging technologies? Have you built a reputation for applying innovation across the full application stack to creatively solve business problems? Do you naturally build strong relationships with colleagues and work collaboratively to bring solutions to the market? If so, AWS Professional Services is looking for you!
· Help customers architect innovative, scalable, highly available application solutions on AWS
· Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
· Providing deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
· Advising and implementing AWS best practices
· Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
· Agile software development and Agile coaching
· Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
· Design and/or (re)architect solutions using cloud native technologies and modern development practices
· BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
· 10+ years of an application programming and/or Hands-on technical application architecture experience
· 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
· Agile software development expert
· Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
· Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, and/or AWS Lambda
· Experience designing and implementing systems using Containers
· Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
· Hands on programing skills in any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, Ruby, .NET, Go, or Scala
· Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, etc.), RESTful APIs, automation
· Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
· Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation
· Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
· Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
· Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, etc.)
· Practical experience with AI/ML-based solutions
· Practical experience with Blockchain-based solutions
· Passion for software development beyond a day job (e.g. active open source contributor, Git code reviews, etc.)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation