What we are looking for
As a Senior Consultant will be an integral player of the Charles River implementation team. Senior Consultants bring...
What we are looking for
As a Senior Consultant will be an integral player of the Charles River implementation team. Senior Consultants brings technical expertise and direction to implementation teams, ensuring proper implementation of Charles River's IMS suite at our clients.] Technical implementations include all aspects of a consulting project, from installation of n-tier software and integration with third party systems to DR/HA design to documenting and performing technical training for the client. This role is a highly technical role and spans XML messaging, Charles River web services API, ETL tool usage, Java and/or C# programming, and database administration tasks.
Why this job is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Java and C# programming
- Manage multiple technical initiatives, potentially on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop with a result-driven approach while maintaining implementation schedules.
- Participate in functional and technical requirements gathering and review
- Create, test, and correct inbound and outbound interfaces based on
- Collaborate with team members including business analysts, project managers, and customer staff
- Serve as a technical expert in implementation projects
- Contribute to the technical documentation
- Java and C# programming
- Windows and Unix (Linux)
- knowledge of ETL tools such as Kettle
- Familiar with at least one SCM (Perforce would be a plus)
- XML and XSLT
- Understanding of ERDs
- Tomcat configuration and optimization
- N-tier application architecture
- SOAP/XML and messaging software like MQ Series, MSMQ, Sonic MQ and Open JMS
- In-depth knowledge of one of the following RDBMS: Oracle or MS SQL Server
- Crystal Reports or Sql Server Reporting Services
- Self-motivated and Self-driven
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment.
- Experience in methodology-based solution delivery and managing customers' expectations.
- Problem solving skills and ability to recognize long term solutions across multiple projects.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); good interpersonal skills; ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector; solid client interaction skills.
- The ability to travel as the assignment requires (50-80%)
- Desired technical experience includes:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Financial services industry experience
- Previous consulting background
- Previous OMS implementation experience
- System integration using ETL tools
About State Street What we do:
- A BA/BS degree in a business or technical field including Finance, Economics, Engineering or Computer Science.
- A minimum of 5 + years of progressively responsible experience in the Financial / Software Services industry (Financial market information systems background preferred)
- The ability to travel to client sites throughout the United States and Canada as well as the ability to work effectively when remote from clients. Travel of 35%-50% is typical and but may exceed that in any given year.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow:
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experience and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at