As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will defin...
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Global Business Services Cloud Center of Competency is a leader in Cloud solutions. We are seeking Senior Cloud Solutions Architects / Technical Executives to join our team. In this role, the candidate will lead design and development of native cloud applications, architect cloud solutions and participate in cloud adoption, optimization and modernization strategies for our clients. The candidate will also advise our clients on API, Microservices, legacy application modernization and deployment to the cloud.
Candidates would be expected to lead cross-skilled client and IBM solutioning / delivery teams during modernization / development of complex cloud native applications, with a polyglot technology landscape. This would include
* Assessment the current application and infrastructure environment, performing a gap analysis
* Definition of modernization approach through aspects such as application discovery, dependency analysis, modernization increment definition & prioritization as well as co-existence strategies
* Design of End-to-End Technical solution design including application, platform, operations & security dimensions w.r.to Functional & Non-Functional Requirements as well as Estimation, Platform Sizing & Delivery Planning aspects
* Technical governance during delivery
The role requires the ability to work with the client's IT team, as well as C-level executives to demonstrate the cloud value proposition, articulate IBM's vision & strategy on hybrid cloud. As an Application and Solution Architect, you will be required to deliver a proof of concept or minimum viable product using agile methodology and IBM design thinking. You will use your knowledge of platform-based cloud development as a service offering in the market, born-on-the-cloud application architecture and best practices, API management, DevOps, Internet of Things, and cloud integration suites to advise our clients on their hybrid/multi cloud journey.
Leading teams of developers and owning proof of concepts, Ability to work with a global team and flexibility will be essential. Proficiency and accreditation in one or more of IBM Cloud, Red Hat, AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform is essential.
Knowledge of multiple platforms, cloud services, AI, Blockchain and Dev/SecOps is highly desired.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 5 years of experience using cloud development platforms from multiple cloud vendors.
* At least 3 years of experience with containerization and container management
* At least 5 years of experience architecting and developing cloud applications
* At least 5 years of experience in DevSecOps and Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment
* Proficiency and accreditation in IBM Cloud, Red Hat, AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
* At least 10 years of experience consulting
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Same as required skills