Bling (Blingfi.com) is a fast-growing mobile gaming and financial technology start-up. Our platform mixes mobile gaming...
Bling (Blingfi.com) is a fast-growing mobile gaming and financial technology start-up. Our platform mixes mobile gaming with bitcoin rewards. We have over 2 million users, are VC-funded, and are profitable.
Please read the job description below and if it gets you excited, apply. We are a small, fast-growing start-up and if you want to make an impact here and help us build a brand in the gaming and bitcoin industry, this is the right place for you. If you have a track record of learning fast, solving problems quickly, and working remotely with a fun, positive-minded team with a slightly absurd sense of humor, then please keep reading!
Note: For the foreseeable future, this is a remote opportunity. However, we plan to resume reporting in-office in Irvine, CA once COVID-19 is over. We expect the candidate to be working from southern California even while remote.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer, you'll be helping the team deliver high quality mobile games on iOS and Android. This is a hands-on engineering role and will be primarily focused on development within Node.js. You will be focused on building general solutions and systems that will be utilized on several games per year.
This role will be primarily focused on development within Firebase and Google Cloud using Node.js as well as AWS. You'll also work with other libraries, systems, and services that build out the tech ecosystem that power the Bling platform.
- Working on a small team with a positive can-do attitude
- Implementing back-end interfaces and company tools using Node.js
- Designing technical server-side systems based on product requirements
- Working with product manager to build tools for managing game data
- Collaborating with other engineers to integrate shared software and services
- Handle devops requirements for our infrastructure (our team does not have dedicated devops)
- Manage code pushes to Google Cloud and AWS
- On-site office attendance during normal business hours 9am-5pm Mon-Fri
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with Node.js
- 5+ years minimum of related experience
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- AWS, Google Cloud, and Firebase experience a plus
Base salary ($90-$175K)+ team performance bonuses (avg. value $30K annually)Benefits
- Medical & dental insurance
- Life insurance
- free daily breakfast, snacks, beverages (when we resume in-office operations)