GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers ...
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit .
The GoDaddy Domains team is seekinga seasoned Engineer to work on forward looking experiences using Blockchain.
We are looking for a mid level backend software developer who will join a small team of strong engineers responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting a solution based on distributed blockchain-based network. Your primary responsibility will be analyzing requirements, designing technology around a certain business scenario, building and launching the backend for an innovative digital ledger solution.
* Research, design, develop, and test backend technologies including blockchain
* Brainstorm and help evaluate applications for new tools and technologies as they continually evolve
* Write highly-scalable, highly-available, cloud-ready applications
* Be involved in the global blockchain community-stay in touch and participate in the latest improvement proposals
* Maintain and extend current client- and server-side applications responsible for integration and business logic
* Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
* Building reusable code and libraries for future use
* Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
* Implementation of security and data protection
* Bachelor's degree in CS or a relevant technical field
* Strong software development background building scalable services
* Experience working with large codebases, Git repositories
* Experience working with Open Source Code
* Proficiency in one of the high level languages: GoLang (desirable), PHP, Ruby, Python, C#, C++, Java etc.
* Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
* Strong knowledge of concurrency and writing efficient and safe multithreaded code.
* Familiarity with basic cryptography
* Familiarity with P2P networks
* Desirable, but not required- knowledge of distributed ledger or blockchain technology (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Hyperledger Sawtooth, Hyperledger Fabric etc..)
* Desirable - Experience working in AWS or GCP.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
Job ID R004966