We are currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer ready to change the way people think about payments. Our ideal candidate is someone c...
We are currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer ready to change the way people think about payments. Our ideal candidate is someone capable of designing systems from scratch and has experience in setting up services using the service oriented architecture approach. The ideal candidate is able to divide a big application into smaller pieces or services so every piece can be reused in the future to reduce overhead.
Scalability plays a big part of how we design our infrastructure, and we expect our candidates to have experience in building platforms that are able to handle a high number of concurrent users. Having experience in fin-tech is a plus but not required.
- Write awesome code that separates business logic into micro services
- Build your app using test driven design while taking scalability into consideration
- Work with a diverse team of developers
- Enjoy working with our amazing team and thrive in a team environment
- Work with our product and design teams to invent the best solution, implement that solution, then A/B test it to make sure our users are getting the best possible experience
- +3 years of experience working as a backend engineer
- Working experience with Node.js
- Passion for creating lasting experiences for our users
- Experience using the following technologies: NodeJS (ES7), Express, MongoDB using Mongoose as ORM, Chai, Mocha
- Interest in technologies such as Amazon web services, blockchain, crypto-currencies
- Experience turning wireframes and mockups into elegantly executed code
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code review culture
- Well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Successful track record building distributed, high-throughput applications that scale
What We Offer
- A competitive salary
- Additional benefits such as stock options and Metal Coins
- An exciting workplace with an inspirational team that fosters knowledge and values trust
- The opportunity to work on a product that will change the world
- Medical and Dental Benefits
Metal Pay provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Metal Pay will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.