Mercury Protocol is the future of communications, powered by blockchain. We are a well funded, early-stage startup with a world-c...
Mercury Protocol is the future of communications, powered by blockchain. We are a well funded, early-stage startup with a world-class team that is backed by Mark Cuban.
Based in Los Angeles, we are a passionate team building a new digital world based on trust. We believe that the quality of online interactions translates directly to quality of life. Our technology, products and vision aim to bring people together in a trusted way to build relationships, conduct commerce, and thrive online.
Our current product, Dust, is a private messenger that provides a trusted space for digital communication. Stay tuned for additional products launching in 2018.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to make an immediate impact on our growing rockstar team. Some of your main responsibilities include:
- Able to write backend-side code to create fast, responsive, future-friendly applications
- Responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release [that was a mouthful….please apply if you check all those boxes, thanks ;-) ]
- Collaborate with product management, QA, operations and engineering teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development principles and product goals
What You Bring To The Company:
- Minimum a B.S. in Computer Science
- Experience building Node.js, Java, and/or Go APIs and utilities from scratch
- Experience creating, deploying, and monitoring distributed and highly-scalable software systems
- Experience in various backend development aspects including data models, persistence layers, back end services (REST APIs), app frameworks, caching and messaging services, as well as using 3rd party APIs
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything!
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Detail oriented and careful
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical insurance
- Catered lunches and stocked kitchen with endless La Croix and coconut water
- Beer pong :)
- Friendly, nice and smart people
- We are located in West Los Angeles, 3 blocks from Sawtelle, where you can find the best ramen and sushi in town