Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most i...
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our Trade and Customs practice.
* Meet with and provide advice to clients in a variety of industries on export compliance and sanctions compliance matters
* Proactively engage in strategic and innovative planning for clients, as well as maintain active communication with clients in an effort to manage expectations and satisfaction
* Identify, examine and analyze U.S. and international trade compliance matters
* Research, write, and review trade advice, specifically in the area of export and sanctions compliance
* Aid in the management, career development and training of team members
* Manage, direct, monitor, and deliver multiple client engagements on time and within budget
* A minimum of five years of direct experience in export compliance (e.g., EAR and ITAR, including deemed exports, export jurisdiction and classification of complex products, licenses and other ITAR/EAR export authorizations, technology control plans, Consent Agreements, ITAR brokering, ITAR Part 130 requirements, Congressional Notification, EAR encryption rules, EAR de minimis guidelines, and developing sustainable export compliance programs) as an attorney, trade consultant, in-house professional, or govt. official; Experience with OFAC sanctions programs is required
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (JD / LLM degree preferred): CBL (Customs Broker's License) issued by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, CUSICO (Certified U.S. Import Compliance Officer), CUSECO (Certified U.S. Export Compliance Officer), Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) certification issued by the National Customs Broker and Forwarders Association of America, CPA, or JD/LLM (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
* Experience using and/or implementing Global Trade Management (GTM) systems as part of a classification, licensing, export management, SPL screening, or self-assessment program, including experience with system testing and training; Interest in blockchain is preferred
* Strong technical skills with the ability to conduct in-depth reviews of import/export data using data and analytics (using Microsoft applications such as Excel and Access) is preferred
* Import compliance and general trade and customs experience, including experience with: prior disclosures, ruling requests, import classification, customs valuation, customs duty deferral programs, free trade agreements, entry processes and review, GTM solutions for import activity, and developing a trade compliance framework
* Previous experience in a tax or advisory services firm, corporation, or trade law firm is preferred; Ability to travel both domestically and internationally with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication/presentation skills
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.