We at Boehringer Ingelheim Medicine share one vision\: to turn patient-focused innovations into life-changing tre...
We at Boehringer Ingelheim Medicine share one vision\: to turn patient-focused innovations into life-changing treatments. We focus on driving medical innovation, combining scientific and patient insights to develop and deliver safe and effective solutions. By concentrating on first-in-class innovations, we aim to set new standards for patient care now and for years to come.
We build on the strongest of all our assets\: Our people. We are an agile team with diverse skills, always striving for excellence. We embrace new technologies and trends, make use of broad data and leading analytics. Our professional ethos reflects our personal values. Above all, we are united by our passion for improving healthcare and the enduring commitment to delivering valuable solutions that transform lives today, tomorrow and beyond.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities\:
In Clinical Development & Operations, we strive to bring innovation to patients as quickly as possible to improve patient outcomes and quality of life. We focus on delivering treatments to patients faster by accelerating our clinical development whilst striving for constant optimization and refinement. We drive executional excellence and ensure it is at the heart of our strategy, plans and actions. We see the positives in failure and grasp the opportunity to learn, improve and accelerate. We champion agility, encourage the empowerment of our people and endeavor to work more closely with colleagues wherever they are in the organization to enable us to increase the speed of our decision making. We commit to clinical trial site and patient engagement and to generate evidence that will make a difference to patients' lives.
- As a Digital Expert you will drive and shape digital transformation by identifying, testing and supporting the implementation of state-of-the-art digital solutions (e.g. AI or Blockchain solutions) to ensure operational excellence of clinical development capabilities in close collaboration with cross-functional and cross-regional business teams.
- In addition, you form and lead cross-functional business teams through their digital transformation journey by challenging existing capabilities and providing and collaborating on new technical solutions and supporting the teams in developing a digital mindset.
- You lead a cross-functional team through the use case/pilot trial-and-error phase to ensure agile testing and regulatory compliance using the agile methodology.
- In this role you partner with external vendors and technology networks and screen for major digital trends and their relevance for BI. You identify promising candidates, initiate and drive tests in close collaboration with functions in- and outside CD&O, BDS & IT addressing their needs.
- Furthermore you actively represent BI at key global external digital forums
- Typically a degree from an accredited institution in life sciences / data science, or similar qualification, preferably Masters degree (e.g. MSc); focus on life sciences/data science, clinical development, and/or digital solutions
- Several years of experience (Ten (10) years with a BSc; Seven (7) years with a MSc; Five (5) years with a PhD) in a digital oriented role
- Experience in defining and leading similar digital programs, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment, and excellent understanding of digital health solutions and related global and regional regulations (e.g., privacy laws, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to generate business opportunities from new ideas and implement them
- Strong analytical and data-driven thinking coupled with high intellectual agility
- Proven change management experience in business (digital and/or agile) transformations
- Strong understanding of digital strategy at BI and market trends in digital transformation in life sciences
- Drive, dedication and commitment to shape quickly evolving innovation initiatives combined with team spirit and an integrative personality
- Strong passion for life sciences, technology and data
- Open-minded integrator having the ability to think outside of the box
- Ability and a strong desire to know or learn something, interest, curiousness
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with external companies and partners
- Strong domain knowledge of clinical development combined with a strong technical knowledge
- Customer focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Track record of leading innovative projects
- Demonstrated success in projects and initiatives aimed at implementing customer-oriented and measurable data and process improvements
- Ability to simplify complex content to adapt to audience needs and understanding (internal/external)
- Ability to initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing projects
- Demonstrated competencies in Agility, Accountability and Intrapreneurship\: fast decision-making, flexibility, ownership, outcome-based thinking, purpose orientation, smart risk-taking
Who We Are\:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.