The role is a Senior Architect, Strategy and Emerging Technology team within Global Banking & Markets (GBAM) Technology or...
The role is a Senior Architect, Strategy and Emerging Technology team within Global Banking & Markets (GBAM) Technology organization. Our team is actively involved in evaluating new vendor products: Predictive Data & Analytics, Visualization, Machine Learning (eg., NLP), BlockChain, Public Cloud. We additionally build new to bank solutions working with business-technology teams: Public Cloud integration, natural language processing, and Payments platform using containers.
Requires a motivated self-starter, able to learn complex new areas quickly bringing industry expertise to recommend solutions.
Primary responsibilities is to influence, architect, and accelerate build-out of complex new or upgraded GBAM initiatives.
* Technical leadership and acceleration of new to bank initiatives for POC's and deployment
* Actively involved in vendor deep dives across thematic focus areas, evaluate through well-defined problems, and recommend based on internal Lab (LabGBAM) POC results
* Develop prototypes working with business-aligned technology teams, vendors
* Leverage technical expertise and share ideas across domains to accelerate core frameworks, libraries, and reuse
* Providing a senior communication channel across multiple functional domains
* Identify risks , manage conflicting priorities, and influence a positive and effective outcome
Required Skills / Experience: "Must have"
* Undergrad in a technical area (Comp Sci / Math / Physics) or equivalent experience in industry
* Extensive experience with enterprise-level technology strategy in an architecture organization
* Architectural experience with product knowledge in Markets and Banking
Desired Knowledge and Skills
People Management & Skills
* This is an individual contributor role however requires strong partnership and cross-functional collaboration skills
* Strong technical knowledge with ability to quickly learn new technologies to keep up with the evolving ecosystem
* Knowledge of Markets and Banking products
* Strong experience with front-back life cycle within capital markets
* Application development knowledge and experience (Distributed Services, Design, Analysis)
Communication and Relationship Skills
* Requires a motivated self-starter, often required to contribute to new to Bank platforms
* Provide strategic direction for complex technical platforms and deeply involved in blueprints, architecture trade-offs
* Work effectively in a matrix organization with teams of architects, developers and business partners with minimal supervision
Posting Date: 01/03/2019
Location: New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA TOWER, ONE BRYANT PARK, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift