EY Knowledge helps EY to win in the market by providing the right insights at the right time through an agile, client-first organization. In...
EY Knowledge helps EY to win in the market by providing the right insights at the right time through an agile, client-first organization. In support of this vision, this senior analyst position will see you provide deep insights and perspectives on the global Health industry (providers and payers, particularly in the US and European markets) to senior EY partners, identifying opportunities for EY products and services, and mentoring more junior analysts to develop their commercial and analytic skills.
The Health Senior Analyst is responsible for providing impactful analysis and insight to EY's Health practitioners to support their business development, service delivery and external market positioning efforts. You will work directly with the EY Global Health Sector Leader to create distinct point-of-views and support sector strategy.
In this role you will combine strong analytical skills and a strategic mindset with real-world perspectives driven by an understanding of client issues and broader marketplace drivers.
You will have a key role to play in supporting EY's Health network, connecting and collaborating across other industries and across all service lines to further strengthen the quality of your insights.
Your key responsibilities include:
* Providing deep analytical insight and understanding of the Health market, with responsibility for the execution of strategic and complex initiatives in accordance with the annually created knowledge plan.
* Engaging with and challenging senior domain stakeholders to provide commercial and provocative perspectives on the issues, challenges and opportunities facing the industry.
* Developing and co-creating insights beyond publicly available information, interacting with Knowledge colleagues, account teams, service line colleagues, clients and external networks to incorporate proprietary knowledge and, where possible, developing proprietary data sets to evidence a differentiated point of view.
* A strong, detailed understanding of value-based care, health policy and reimbursement, particularly in the US (Medicare and Medicaid) and UK (NHS) markets
* Thorough knowledge of ongoing innovations and digital transformation of the Providers and Payors sub-sector, including understanding of data, architecture and platforms
* Comfortable advising senior stakeholders, driving business relationships, presenting to audiences and interfacing with stakeholders - both internal and external - at different levels of seniority
* Willingness to build a network of internal contacts to help support domain and broader business objectives
* Previous experience of working on sector databases such as Definitive, CapIQ, Thomson One, Open databases from WHO / World Bank and excellent understanding of the key sources for Health market data in general.
* Collaborative and able to work well as part of a geographically dispersed multidisciplinary and multicultural project team
* Capable of putting individual projects/initiatives into a "big picture" context and credible experience working in a fast-moving, client-centric environment
* Well-structured oral and written communications skills; able to explain difficult concepts in a clear, concise and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools
* Ability to take ownership for delivering customized projects with a degree of autonomy; adept at leading several projects simultaneously
* Advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Good experience with large sets of data and visualization tools such as Power BI
* Comfortable with public speaking and the ability to present complex topics to external stakeholders
* Comfortable with occasional travel
Skills and attributes for success:
You'll be a seasoned analyst who has a deep understanding and experience of the issues, trends and drivers in the global Health industry and what the future might hold for this sector. You will have a commercial outlook and enjoy collaborating with colleagues across the globe in a multicultural and virtual environment.
You will be known for your big picture thinking and ability to explain complex concepts in a crisp, clear, concise and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
* 12-15 years of experience in strategy, business analysis, industry research, management consulting, communications / journalism, business performance and / or advising organizations in the Health sector
* A minimum of a Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Health or other clinical discipline - a Ph.D. is preferred
* Extensive research study experience - primary and secondary as well as practical health care delivery experience - as a consultant in a hospital or as a clinician.
* Experience working in the global Health sector, particularly the US and European markets
* Deep analytic capabilities leveraging data and analytics in support of EY's Health market strategy
* Strong commercial acumen, connecting marketplace opportunities to EY's products and services
* Experience in interacting with senior business leaders, leading conversations and offering differentiating perspectives
* Succinct and structured oral and written communications skills with proven ability to explain complex concepts in a crisp, clear, concise and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and data visualization tools (Power BI / Spotfire / Tableau).
* Proven interview skills / elicitation, data story-telling and financial analysis capabilities
It would also be valuable if you understand and have a point-of-view on the below concepts:
* Data science
* Statistical modelling / survey management Text analytics
* Predictive & Prescriptive Analytics
* Sentiment analysis
* Microsoft Power Suite
* Database management and administration
* Microsoft SQL Server / Visual Studio
* Application/use cases of emerging technologies in the sector:
o Artificial intelligence (AI)
o Machine Learning
o Robotics process automation (RPA)
o Virtual/Augmented reality (VR/AR)
o Natural language processing (NLP)
What we look for:
Someone who will thrive on partnering with our global Health leaders to create distinctive insights and perspectives for Health practitioners to take to clients. A trusted business advisor willing to work collaboratively in helping frame the strategy and go-to-market approach within our Health practice.
What working at EY offers
Our comprehensive rewards package includes support for flexible working and your career development.
We offer support, coaching and feedback from engaging and interested colleagues; opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career and opportunities to innovate and be highly creative in your approach to your role.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service while allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Diverse career paths and opportunities at EY are yours to build.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.