Fuel your intellectual curiosity and professional growth. Forrester is an idea company, where smart, motivated, curious people bri...
Fuel your intellectual curiosity and professional growth. Forrester is an idea company, where smart, motivated, curious people bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on ideas that change the course of business. Most of all, bring a point of view; here, every voice has value. At Forrester, you'll work with innovative clients at emerging and established brands; these are the business and technology leaders we inspire and who inspire us. The Forrester experience is built on a singular, powerful purpose: to challenge thinking and lead change.
About This Role:
Senior Analysts conduct innovative research and deliver advice through written reports, consulting, client inquiries, and speeches. This analyst will be part of our Application Development & Delivery research team, which serves professionals who are responsible for the success of their firms' software application development and delivery.
The successful candidate will write for, present to, and advise Application Development & Delivery professionals at retail financial services firms including banks, credit unions, wealth management firms and insurance companies, about existing and emerging financial technologies. Candidates will need a strong understanding of the technology and business issues facing these executives today and an appetite for conducting and writing research to stay abreast of the issues.
Senior Analysts work as part of a small high-performance team and collaborate with others in all aspects of the job. They are expected to:
* Develop a deep understanding of what Forrester clients require to be successful as Application Development & Delivery professionals, with a strong focus on the evolving financial technology needs of their businesses.
* Conduct research into financial technology, including existing and emerging technologies in payments, banking, investing and insurance.
* Help define the future of financial technology, and digital financial services more widely, by painting an accurate forward-looking view and predicting the impact of emerging technologies ranging from artificial intelligence and analytics to blockchain and the Internet of Things on the financial services technology stack.
* Collaboratively develop cohesive bodies of research that are focused on helping Forrester's application development clients deliver the technologies needed to support their consumer and business customers throughout complex marketing, buying, transacting and servicing processes across multiple touchpoints.
* Collaborate with analysts from across Forrester to develop a complete context for these trends, both providing input to their research and writing reports incorporating expertise from across Forrester to provide a wider strategic view.
* Write three to four long research documents per year that convey new ideas in a rich business context. These reports typically: 1) introduce new thinking about successful business and technology strategies; 2) present prioritization plans of new functionality and strategies; 3) compare new functionality or services and their potential to help clients solve their business challenges; or 4) size emerging business opportunities.
* Deliver eight shorter pieces of research per year on smaller wealth management topics, such as investor behavior, market trends, and industry events, to be delivered in a variety of formats such as written reports, teleconferences, podcasts and videos.
* Consult with clients to apply Forrester's research in the context of their specific business environments and help solve their problems.
* Present at Forrester-sponsored conferences and briefings and deliver client webinars.
* Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker. Build relationships with Application Development & Delivery professionals at financial services companies across North America, as well as with the technology vendors that serve them and journalists who cover the sector.
* A minimum of five to seven years of experience working in or with the financial services industry, preferably in business or technology management positions related to strategy, architecture and/or software development, or equivalent experience as a consultant.
* A strong record of academic achievement: BA or BS minimum; MBA or MS preferred.
* Deep intellectual curiosity about financial services technology.
* Solid business instincts and a practical understanding of what makes companies tick and how Application Development & Delivery executives operate.
* A creative view of markets, technologies, and attitudes combined with a fascination with the future.
* Superior listening, critical thinking, and writing skills, as well as memorable presentation skills. Senior Analysts are expected to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts ? and be willing to take a stand on vendors and outcomes.
* The ability to travel 20% to 30% of the time.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply. SDL2017