Located in the heart of Phoenix, Ariz., St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 586-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provide...
Located in the heart of Phoenix, Ariz., St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 586-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services with special advocacy for the poor and underserved. St. Joseph's is a nationally recognized center for quality tertiary care, medical education and research. It includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center, the Norton Thoracic Institute, a campus of Creighton University's Medical School and the first Level I Trauma Center in Arizona verified by the American College of Surgeons. U.S. News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the best hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. For more information please visit our website at .
From creating experiments and prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, Senior Research Engineers in Machine Learning and Intelligence work on real-world problems, including artificial intelligence, data mining, natural language processing, hardware and software performance analytics, software and data architecture designs, and much more. The expectation is that you stay connected to your research roots by actively teaching, mentoring, and actively contributing to the wider research community via open-source projects or publishing papers.
As a researcher and engineer at the Barrow Artificial Intelligence Center (BAIC), you will apply machines learning and data analytics techniques to solve challenging healthcare problems and build models and solutions for our customers. You will be innovating and delivering the most advanced machines learning techniques to impact the well-being of patients and health systems.
You will work closely with other engineers and teams across Dignity Health to develop, scale up, and deploy algorithms and solutions that will be used by both internal and external users, and solve real problems from various application areas. BAIC is a unique place to expose the state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms to various healthcare stakeholders, and help remake traditional healthcare delivery to promote patient health, increase patient satisfaction, improve population health, reduce per-capita healthcare spending, and increase healthcare provider satisfaction. We work closely with partners across multiple healthcare and technology domains to manage practical problems and bring real-life impact.
We have a unique opportunity to advance machine learning research and apply it in a meaningful way to help patients live better, longer, and healthier lives while also improving all aspects of healthcare delivery through thoughtful problem-solving that ensures the viability of the healthcare system.
We have just scratched the surface of the potential that can be realized by artificial intelligence in healthcare. Your expertise in deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing, speech recognition, and other ML/AI fields will be critical to our success. We're just getting started.
- Experience in natural language understanding, computer vision, machine learning, algorithmic foundations of optimization, data mining, or machine intelligence (artificial intelligence)
- Flexible in choice of programming language. Competent in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Python, Java with a desire to learn more
- Contribution to research communities and/or efforts, including machine learning teaching, publishing papers at conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc.
- Relevant work experience, including full-time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab
- Experience with implementing numerical methods and data visualization.
- Good knowledge of algorithm design.
- Strong expertise in reinforcement learning and/or deep learning.
- Experience with GPU programming.
- Experience with multi-threaded design and parallel/distributed computing.
- A passion for artificial intelligence.
- Ability to design and execute complex data processing architectures.
- Working knowledge of blockchain.
- Ability to align business needs to development and machine learning or artificial intelligence solutions.
MS in Computer Science (or 5 years of equivalent practical experience)