Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trad...
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC's, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role - Senior Accounting Associate
Genesis is seeking a highly motivated professional for our Senior Accounting Associate position. The Individual will report directly to the Controller and assist with financial reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for performing the day- to-day general ledger accounting operations.
- Coordinate, analyze and resolve various issues and daily reconciliations.
- Manage month-end, quarter-end and year-end general ledger close.
- Assist in preparing monthly financial reporting packages for senior management.
- Assist with the preparation of annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Assist in establishing and implementing processes company-wide that will ensure the timely and accurate accounting treatment of all transactions under GAAP.
- Assist with external audits.
- Assist with special finance-related projects as needed.
- Support the Controller in ad hoc tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of derivatives instruments.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and experience with accounting of financial instruments.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in financial services industry, at least 2 years of public accounting.
- High level of attention to detail and quality assurance.
- Motivated, self-starter who can independently handle tasks with little oversight.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong Excel skills.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.Accelerating Momentum
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growthDiversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we're trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.