Edelman San Francisco is looking for a Senior Account Supervisor to join our Financial Services team. You will partner with senior level cli...
Edelman San Francisco is looking for a Senior Account Supervisor to join our Financial Services team. You will partner with senior level clients as the day-to-day lead of several workstreams with one of our largest clients and/or across our fintech and blockchain clients. In this capacity, you will help to oversee a team of passionate and motivated full-time staff in San Francisco. You also will have an opportunity to partner with experts across our network, including a dedicated research team, planning, digital and creative professionals, as well as crisis, corporate reputation and public affairs.
A Senior Account Supervisor (SAS) is responsible for managing teams' client service performance. The SAS should understand Edelman's variety of approaches and capabilities and be able to recommend appropriate strategies and tactics to clients and lead focused teams on project implementation. Expected competencies include:
Client and Project Oversight
* Play a major role in the planning and development of strategic public relations campaigns
* Build strong relationships with clients, serving as day-to-day lead across a well-defined workstream
* Oversee quality and operational performance of accounts, ensuring smart thinking, innovative approaches, attention to detail and managed deadlines
* Produce high-quality, internal and external communications content, including memos and written recommendations and proposal
* Proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving outreach plans, message development and management of events
* Successfully pitch client stories and manage media relationships, leading a team in researching media and target audiences, analyzing online conversations, and driving ongoing proactive news bureau activities
* Develop messaging, and write press materials, social media content, direct communications materials and other documents, including briefing books and FAQs
* Build relationships with third-party influencers and internal business partners to meet client needs
* Supervise staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing actionable feedback, and holding team members accountable, as well as conducting regular and annual performance reviews
* Set achievable goals and tasks for direct reports; delegate opportunities and provide resources for staff to meet their goals; consistently measure and reward goal achievement
* Contribute to business growth through introducing clients to new capabilities, building a network of industry contacts and participating in relevant professional organizations; aid in new business research and proposal preparation
* Ability to address client issues thoughtfully, respectfully and effectively
* Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman's values (Relentless Pursuit of Excellence, Freedom to be Constantly Curious, Courage to do the Right Thing) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
* Understand today's communications landscape and the implications for financial services clients and key trends shaping our clients' businesses
* At least five years of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and/or publishing
* Experience working with financial services industry and/or demonstrated interest in the subject matter
* Bachelor's degree in a related field
* Proven ability to manage large projects (including budgets) and small teams simultaneously
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.