Are you a media rockstar? Do you love exploring and learning about new emerging tech in adtech, fintech, cybersecurity and blockchain? Are R...
Are you a media rockstar? Do you love exploring and learning about new emerging tech in adtech, fintech, cybersecurity and blockchain? Are Recode, TechCrunch, Business Insider or Fortune some of the first sites you read in the morning to catch up on news? If you answered yes to those three questions, let's chat!
This opportunity with 5WPR promises to offer challenges and professional development in an environment where drive, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for working with trailblazing technology results in incredible success.
Here's what you'll be doing:
Here's what you have:
- Work with innovative and engaging clients such as:
- One of the hottest tech IPOs in the last 16 months.
- One of the fastest-growing NYC unicorns in the data and analytics space.
- One of CNBC's 2017 Disruptor 50 winners that's shaking up the payments industry.
- Hyper-growth HR tech platform that's raised almost $100 million in funding.
- Write and develop media materials - press kits, press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, bios, case studies and backgrounders
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential members of the media in order to ensure placements
- Develop strategic communication plans, including media opportunities, tactics, and timelines consistent with the overall PR strategy
- Execute and advise on PR strategies and collaboratively develop strategic media plans
- Create and develop pro-active pitch ideas for clients based on their industry, current trends and various announcements
- Monitor media and seek out speaking opportunities for clients as "experts in their field"
- Daily client interaction to update, report on and discuss media relations
- Assist in the research, writing and development of new business proposals and presentations
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior-level staff
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients
Why you'll love working here:
- B.S/B.A in Public Relations or related field
- At least 3 to 4 years of PR agency experience- Prior experience in Tech PR needed
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Creative and energetic personality
Located in the Helmsley Building, in the center of the city and an easy commute
Competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, 401(K), and a fantastic vacation policy
Perks include catered lunches and breakfasts each month, a panoramic view of NYC, and creative and collaborative teams that push one another towards success!