Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Security is looking for a user experience designer who is a solid analytical thinker and can work closely with a cross functional team to design products that are modern and user-friendly. You are comfortable working alongside other design team members as well as interacting with a variety of other product team members. You will help to enforce high quality standards for our products and for our users, backed up by research. In the role of UX Designer, your job is to conduct research with real users so that improvements are based on real user behavior and ensure that our products are intuitive, accessible, and usable.
You will be responsible for the following:
* Solid understanding of user experience design principles with the ability to address complex design problems and provide sound design solutions.
* Proficient in IBM Enterprise Design Thinking methodologies.
* Improve the user experience and user interface for new and existing security products.
* Conduct competitive analyses of other products that operate in the same space.
* Develop high-level and detailed storyboards, customer journey maps, mockups, and interactive prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
* Lead by collaborating with cross-functional design teams to complete projects on-time.
* Using JIRA/GitHub tools to support agile methodologies and manage your projects.
* Manage multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
You will be successful in this role if you have the following experience:
* Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Web Design with a focus on User Interface or related field.
* Excellent written, verbal communications, storytelling, and documentation skills.
* Comfortable in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, rapidly growing environment.
* Strong, clean visual design sense.
* Solid analytical thinker.
* Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate.
* Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
* Experience with collaborating or leading user research.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS.
* Technical background.
* Experience designing enterprise applications.
* Experience creating clickable prototypes (Flinto, Invision, Adobe XD).