Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Security is looking for a UX Researcher who has a passion for unearthing human insights to guide the design of an offering.
The world of security is incredibly complex and layered…and it is rich with opportunity for design patents, unique interfaces and incredible data visualizations. You will play a key role in building experiences that help our customers ensure the security, stability and integrity of data controlled in their environment
As a design researcher on our team: You will help provide actionable and meaningful data-driven insights that represent the voice of multiple cybersecurity and information technology users. You will collaborate across development, design, and marketing teams to evaluate current and future user needs that help to improve product definition and drive business goals. You will help to cultivate a healthy community for design research to flourish, building up our practices and advocating for the integrity and ethics of design research. You will help to enforce high quality standards for our products and for our users, backed up by research. In the role of a UX Researcher you will develop a well-crafted research plan with clear research objectives. Location requirements for this role are either: Austin, TX, Atlanta, GA, RTP, NC, Cambridge, MA or Littleton, MA.
* Helping to build up a healthy practice of design research, from planning to execution
* Serving as a guide to the research-curious and facilitate them on their path to conduct research on their own
* Establishing and implementing an overall research strategy in a deeply technical domain
* Writing usability research screeners and discussion guides
* Working closely with designers to implement proper design assets needed for research
* Recruiting targeted end-user for specific research studies
* Helping develop and implement quantitative and qualitative research
* Conducting stakeholder and client interviews
* Translating user insights into actionable recommendations for the product team
* Collaborating with other researchers in Security to improve practices and cross-pollinate information to bring our products closer together
* Creating human-centered stories and artifacts to communicate insights across the design and development teams
* Presenting design research findings to the larger team in a clear and organized fashion
* Working closely with the product team to identify research objectives that help support overall business strategy
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience in successfully driving strategic and tactical research
* Excellent written, verbal communications, storytelling, and documentation skills
* Enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, rapidly growing environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Technical background
* Proficient in Design Thinking methodologies
* Experience leading a workshop for clients and stakeholders
* Network administration or IT domain knowledge