Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Security is looking for a hands-on Design Lead who will work with cross-disciplinary teams to shape the future of cyber security offerings. You will work closely with Design managers, Product managers, and Engineering managers to define strategies and lead the creation of end-to-end customer experiences. As part of the larger Security design team you will inspire, mentor, and lead excellence in craft for our global team. Location requirements for this role are either: Austin, TX, Atlanta, GA, RTP, NC, Cambridge, MA or Littleton, MA.
The world of security is incredibly complex and layered…and it is rich with opportunity for design patents, unique interfaces and incredible data visualizations. You will play a key role in building experiences that help our customers ensure the security, stability and integrity of data controlled in their environment.
* Evangelize a clear vision of best-in-class designs to senior executives
* Responsible for project engagements including deliverables, (such as concepts, wireframes, interactive prototypes, specifications, etc...) engagement agreements, and timelines
* Craft user experiences alongside key product stakeholders to understand and support product business goals, advocating user centered design industry best practices, and effectively managing design resources
* Translate business requirements to end-user needs and create differentiated design solutions
* Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
* Coach and mentor a strong team of User Experience professionals
* Lead teams in design thinking and agile methodologies
* Cultivate a healthy, collaborative, and supportive team culture
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 7 years' experience in solving complex user problems through user interface design, creating mock-ups and prototypes (low and high fidelity), as well as documenting interaction patterns for product UI
* Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Web Design with a focus on User Experience or related field
* Excellent listening, written, verbal communication skills, storytelling, and documentation skills
* Analytical, creative, and strategic thinker - Able to develop innovative solutions to business problems
* Strong, clean visual design sense
* Strong understanding of front-end technologies
* Portfolio of previous work must be presented incorporating UI designs and/or sketches that demonstrate an understanding of wireframing, interaction design, visual design, and design best practices
* Hands-on expertise in use case development, storyboarding, mock-ups and highly interactive prototypes
* Open to feedback and knows how and when to defend design choices
* Expertise in collaborating with and leading user research
* Successful track record leading interdisciplinary teams
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate