***Please Note: Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required for this role due...
***Please Note: Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required for this role due to the nature of work with our US Federal customers.***
What You'll Do
You're a Security Engineer who's highly organized, thorough, security-minded problem solver focused on the protection of the Cisco Broadcloud carrier information system assets against compromise and cyber-attacks. You're responsible for planning, implementing and deploying security solutions to ensure the stability and security of Cisco Broadcloud's infrastructure for both on-premise data centers and hybrid cloud deployments. You'll have extensive knowledge and broad functional experience with IDS/IPS, switching, routing, firewall, VPN and content networking, across a wide range of complex architectures, platforms and mediums. You will help in the secure deployment of network systems and help in the maintenance of non-in-line security systems and the administration of same in a mission-critical, 24/7 environment.
Duties and responsibilities
Who You Are
- Provide technical expertise in the planning, implementation and design of the security architecture for Cisco Broadcloud on-premise data centers and hybrid cloud environments.
- Develop, secure, and maintain strong Identity and Access Management (IAM) policies for on-premise Active Directory deployment and cloud service providers (AWS, GCP).
- Develop and implement enterprise and cloud authentication technologies such as DUO, RSA SecurID, SAML, OKTA, and RADIUS based technologies.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for operational tasks which leverage available resources and simplify operational overhead.
- Provide guidance and instruction to other team members regarding proper operation of all network security systems within the Cisco Broadcloud carrier information systems.
- Provide day-to-day administration of the security tools and functions deployed in the Cisco Broadcloud carrier information systems.
- Assist in maintaining information systems security plan documentation. This includes both providing feedback into the update process as well as providing updates to the information security policies and procedures documentation when needed.
- Participate in incident response and contingency planning components of the Cisco Broadcloud carrier information systems.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on ways to improve performance and risk posture of the Cisco Broadcloud carrier information systems.
- Provide guidance on product security baseline configuration.
- Participate in security risk impact assessments.
You will provide security related subject matter expertise support for compliance audits. You have a minimum 5 years of experience in information technology or cyber-security related fields, strong AWS Identity and Access Management experience and experience with AWS Shared Responsibility Models and Access Control MethodsMinimum Requirements
Cisco Equal Opportunity
- Working knowledge of AWS CloudTrail
- AWS Certified Security Specialty certification preferred
- Experience with AWS network configuration and common services
- Experience with Google Cloud
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Active Directory
- Experience with NIST, FedRAMP, & ISO 27001 security compliance frameworks and policies.
- Relevant industry certifications a plus (CISSP, CCSP, CCNP, CCWP, GIAC)
- Knowledge of cloud service providers security and product offering capabilities.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
- provided by Dice