A Peninsula based leading venture capital firm is hiring a System Administrator for full-time. They have an impressive portfoli...
A Peninsula based leading venture capital firm is hiring a System Administrator for full-time. They have an impressive portfolio, having seeded some of the major tech giants that dominate the silicon valley. This Security Enginger will be directly under the VP of IT and will be interacting with C level execs on a regular basis. You must be comfortable with high pressure situations. This company is continuing to grow and expand which is why this new position is open.
- Develop Crypto Team specific, risk-based security programs to address current and future threats.
Understand the threat landscape as it relates to the a16z Crypto Team, align security strategy with business goals; with Crypto
- Team and other stakeholders, drive the conversation regarding risk management
- Work closely with a16z Crypto Team to provide secure configurations for all personal and detail oriented accounts (Email, Chat, Financial, etc)
- Perform regular Red Team assessments of a16z Crypto Team personal and detail oriented accounts
- Lead continuous control monitoring and enforce best practices through employee focused, information security posture assessments
- Analyze, assess and respond to various block chain threats
- Conduct regular security assessment and control matrix reviews
- Communicate effectively to senior leadership to make them aware of all potential risks to the Crypto Team
- A track record of assessing threat and vulnerability from a business as well as a technical perspective and the ability to develop and champion efficient and timely security architectures and solutions
- Solid expertise in formal/structured IT security risk assessment methodology
- Excellent command of cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural
- requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
- Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
- Knowledge and understanding with relevant regulatory frameworks such as NIST, GDPR and SOX
- Thorough understanding of IT systems and security tools, including methods, procedures, equipment and software used for delivery
- Experience with Fintech, Payments systems, crypto wallets
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with one or more popular blockchain platforms (Quorum, Bitcoin, Ethereum, HyperLedger, ZCash, Ripple, AliPay)
- Expertise in cryptography/protocols/Key Management/HSM/ Zero knowledge proofs
BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
SOX - Sarbanes-Oxley, CryptoAPI, Assess Compliance, Assess Risk, Compliance Assessments
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people - it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
- provided by Dice