Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Security is looking for a Design Manager with the unique ability to orchestrate and optimize people, processes, and craft to amplify design's value and impact at scale. This position is for a hands-on manager who can create reliable, repeatable processes that support our designers and the design work across our teams, projects, and technologies. You will work closely with Design leadership and cross-functional team members to help reduce friction, optimize consistent practices, and operationalize quality solutions for Security product teams and our customers. Location requirements for this role are either: Austin, TX, Atlanta, GA, RTP, NC, Cambridge, MA or Littleton, MA.
The world of security is incredibly complex and layered…and it is rich with opportunity for design patents, unique interfaces and incredible data visualizations. You will play a key role in building experiences that help our customers ensure the security, stability and integrity of data controlled in their environment.
* Evangelize a clear vision of best-in-class operations to senior management and leaders
* Juggle multiple engagements and projects - Including agreements, timelines, deliverables
* Translate business requirements to end-user needs and create differentiated design solutions
* Coach and mentor a high-performing cross-discipline design team. That will include user researchers, UX/UI designers, and front-end developers
* Foster capable team collaboration that is focused on outcomes and delivers consumable offerings into the market
* Enable user experience engagements that exceed customer expectations by partnering with key product stakeholders to understand and support business goals, advocating user-centered design industry best practices, and effectively managing design talent
* Present effectively to large audiences and executives
* Exemplify and foster a team culture that values: Collaboration, Inclusion, Supportive, Transparency, Innovation, and Honesty
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 9+ years creating large scale enterprise application interfaces or large-scale websites
* 4+ years leading interdisciplinary teams
* 5+ years practicing Design Thinking - Hills, Sponsor Users, Playbacks
* 2+ years running end-to-end client workshop driving towards user outcomes
* Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
* Comfortable in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, rapidly growing environment
* Seeks out feedback and knows how and when to defend design choices
* Demonstrated strong understanding of front-end technologies
* Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated sharp, clean visual design sense
* Demonstrated creative and strategic thinker, able to develop innovative solutions to problems
* Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
* Demonstrated expertise in use case development, storyboarding, mock-ups, and prototyping
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate