The Security Consulting Engineer will provide security consulting services to customers in the America's theatre focu...
The Security Consulting Engineer will provide security consulting services to customers in the America's theatre focused on the Service Provider territory. The Security Consulting Engineer is responsible for the support and delivery of Business Critical Services (BCS), Security Design / Configuration Reviews, and Cisco Security Product Implementations.
- Individual will serve as a team member for extended engagements focused in the US Northwest Region (travel time of up to 50%);
- Lead customer, post-sales engagements, by taking ownership of project success and leveraging Cisco's culture of empowerment to drive customer success and positive business outcomes.
- Shape services engagements to develop mature statements of work and engage customers to identify business and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with solution experts to develop and deploy secure solutions.
- Embrace education to be a deep subject matter expert across multiple security and non-security technologies to deliver superior architectures, designs, and solution deployments.
- Responsible for finalization and delivery of reports for each consulting engagement.
- Educate and mentor customers and peers.
- Tune and optimize security solutions.
- Domestic travel up to 50% required.
Skills Required: Candidate must be a self-motivated individual that is dedicated to exceeding client expectations, be willing to contribute to team efforts, and possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills, in addition to possessing the following technical skills:
- Minimum of 4-5 years experience in the information and network security industry in addition to a BS in science, engineering, or mathematics (or additional 2 years of experience).
- Experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting network security for enterprise customers (preferably within a datacenter environment)
- Extensive experience in security configuration of network and security devices in a large enterprise environment (routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems)
- Experience as a Subject Matter EXPERT one (1) or more of the following Cisco security technologies: ISE*, IPS/SourceFire, ASA, CSM, ACS, VPN, FTD, ACI, Trustec, Stealthwatch
- Detailed understanding of TCP/IP protocols
- Detailed understanding of routing protocols (OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, BGP) and layer 2 protocols and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technical account management/project management skills for delivery of professional services
- Strong consultative skills
We Are Cisco
- Experience working in professional services, preferred.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) preferred.
- One (1) or more of the following industry certifications: CISSP, SANS GIAC, NSA IAM
- Experience with IT governance, risk management, and compliance programs desired.
- Master's degree in science, engineering, or mathematics desired (reduces the minimum years of experience by two (2) years).
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. - provided by Dice