Leidos is seeking a Security Analyst, Senior - Cybersecurity Threat Modeling to support a Department of Veter...
Leidos is seeking a Security Analyst, Senior - Cybersecurity Threat Modeling to support a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Task Order. The chosen candidate will be part of a team providing Enterprise Security Architecture (ESA) technical support services that accommodate VA's scope, size and complexity, including enterprise architecture, emerging technologies, networks, mobile, in specialized areas like healthcare, specialized medical devices, cybersecurity, IT Modernization, and large scale architecture. We are seeking specialized technical and security expertise of new technologies that VA is introducing, including merging of Electronic Health Records (EHR), cloud computing, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), specialized networks (i.e., software and security perimeter and defined networks) Internet of Things (IoT), analytic ecosystems, and medical devices. The Candidate should have demonstrated expertise in IT; communications; systems architecture; engineering, and integration; along with the ability to apply this expertise across a broad portfolio of IT systems, software, and infrastructure solutions.
The Security Analyst, Senior - Cybersecurity Threat Modeling, will effectively leverage detailed knowledge and familiarity with security discipline with a strong focus on conforming to an Enterprise level architectural framework. The Security Analyst, Senior - Cybersecurity Threat Modeling, should have thorough knowledge of the principal threat models and techniques used in Federal Information Technology systems. Candidates should be familiar with NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), NIST Special Publication 800-154, Guide to Data-Centric System Threat Modeling, STRIDE, DREAD, OCTAVE, MITRE ATT&CK, Lockheed Martin Kill-Chain, .GOVCar, and other frameworks, tools and concepts related to threat modeling and analysis. The candidate should be able to apply security principles, concepts, policy and regulations and be able to pinpoint risks in security systems and work with technical experts to remediate security issues. The Security Analyst, Sr. - Cybersecurity Threat Modeling, will identify key concepts, factors and risks, based on various methods of research and customer interactions, and will document these in clear and concise narrative or graphical representations. This is a remote position that can be performed anywhere in the U.S.
- Research, analysis and creation of suggested cybersecurity threat modeling methodologies and models targeted to the unique enterprise needs of the Department of Veterans Affairs. Threat models may differ across the VA and reflect the unique organizational needs of the Veterans Health Administration (VHA), Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), the National Cemetery Administration (NCA), or the VA Central Office.
- Adapt enterprise threat models and techniques to specific technologies, including but not limited to medical devices, sensors, IT systems, industrial controls, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Blockchain technologies, DevSecOps and public and private cloud.
- Assist in planning and strategies for incident management, cybersecurity vulnerability assessment, continuous monitoring, configuration management, change management, risk assessments, system impact assessments, identity and access management (IAM).
- Support development of Enterprise Security Architecture artifacts based on the ESA Roadmap.
- Develop, review, and assess system level architectures for security flaws or gaps.
- Support adoption of the ESA roadmap by crafting standards, guidelines, and design patterns that follow the ESA mission and various security frameworks (e.g., CSF, CGS, SABSA).
- Interface with key stakeholders within the various product and Security teams.
- BA/BS with at least 10 years of experience in information technology or cybersecurity
- Must possess expertise in areas of Information Technology (e.g., Information Systems Architecture, Telecommunications Systems Design, Architecture, Implementation, Information Systems Integration, Software Development Methodologies, Security Engineering, Communications and Network Systems Management) for legacy and new health IT digital architectures including cloud, mobile, IoT, APIs, and AI technologies.
- Candidate must pass a National Agency Check (NAC) covering the past 7 years to obtain a VA High/BI Public Trust clearance.
- Familiarity with Security Threat Model creation and analysis, including determining of security risks and weaknesses
- Familiarity with Information Security Systems Risk Assessment, cybersecurity and privacy risk Management processes and practices, vulnerability assessment, system monitoring, etc.
External Referral Bonus:
- Advanced IT cybersecurity certifications (CISM, CISA, CIPP, CEH, CISSP, or equivalent) preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with cybersecurity practices and trends for US Government IT systems and industry
- Exposure to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and related terminology as it relates to Information Security/Information Assurance.
- Firm understanding of Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) concepts, platforms, and tools.
- Familiar with creating security diagram overlays and updates, determining security requirements, and security mitigation implementation
- Significant experience with applying specific Security and Enterprise Architecture frameworks, standards, and best practices
- Familiarity with DevSecOps best practices
- VA or other Federal Government IT experience.
- Familiarity with NSA Community Gold Standard
EligiblePotential for Telework:
YesClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws. - provided by Dice