Synechron is one of the fastest-growing digital, business consulting & technology firms in the world. Specialized in finan...
Synechron is one of the fastest-growing digital, business consulting & technology firms in the world. Specialized in financial services, the business' focus on embracing the most cutting-edge innovations combined with expert knowledge and technical expertise has allowed Synechron to reach $500+ million in annual revenue, 8,000 employees and 18 offices worldwide. Synechron is agile enough to invest R&D into the latest technologies to help financial services firms stand at the cutting-edge of innovation; yet, also large enough to scale any global project. Learn more at:
Synechron draws on over 15 years of financial services IT consulting experience to provide expert systems integration expertise and technical development work in highly-complex areas within financial services. This includes: Enterprise Architecture & Strategy, Application Development & Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure Management, Data & Analytics and Cloud Computing. Synechron is one of the world's leading systems integrators for specialist technology solutions including: Murex, Calypso, Pega, and others and also provides traditional offshoring capabilities with off-shore development centres located in Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Chennai as well as near-shoring capabilities for European banks with development centres in Serbia. Synechron's technology team works with traditional technologies and platforms like Java, C++, Python, and others as well as the most cutting-edge technologies from blockchain to artificial intelligence. Learn more at:
Role: Scala Developer
Location - NYC, NY
Duration: Long Term Project
We work in a dynamic environment and expect new joiners to be flexible, self-sufficient and learn our business, our data and our technology stack with minimal supervision. They will lead the push for horizontally scalable, high performance applications.
10+ years of Java, Python (or similar) programming, Scala is a big plus
- Heavy background in Markets Reference Data Platforms strongly desired
- Exposure to an Agile Reference Data development environment with use of Jira
- Self Starter with the ability to prioritize development pertaining to Reference Data infrastructure
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills and enjoys a collaborative environment
- Flexible, self-starter, fast-learner - willing and able to quickly learn new technologies and skills
- Experience with functional programming is a big plus
- Experience with search technologies is a plus. Familiarity with Lucene/Solr/ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment is a plus
- Ability to work independently - take nothing for granted, ask questions, learn the business, desire to understand not only what to do, but also why.
- Scala knowledge or experience (or demonstrated desire to learn on their own)
- Deep, hands-on knowledge and experience in building applications, end to end, in Java, Python or C++.
- Knowledge/experience in reference data (client or product)
Thanks & Regards