Rust Software Engineer
As a Rust Software Engineer, you will work with a multidisciplinary team to translate business requirements and func...
Rust Software Engineer
As a Rust Software Engineer, you will work with a multidisciplinary team to translate business requirements and functional specifications into the underlying technology that powers cutting-edge blockchain technology. You should be passionate about the potential and possibility of the Rust programming language; obsessed with optimization and clean, clear, documented code; and eager to work in open-source software and an open-development environment.
At NEM Software, we build real-world applications that help realize the promise of blockchain. We are a multicultural startup of dreamers, designers and developers that create disruptive technologies that enables our customers to accelerate their digital transformation. We move fast, fail fast, and dream big.
NEM Software is not for everyone. We work in a fast-paced environment that requires constant collaboration; we keep bureaucracy to a minimum, and hold ourselves accountable in our mission. We move as a one team; we underpromise, and over deliver. We're customer obsessed, and pride ourselves on our transparency and consistency. If that sounds like your kind of environment...welcome to the team
Requirements & Qualifications
● Fluent in English.
● Excellent communication skills - both written, and oral.
● 2+ years of software engineering experience with Rust (preferably, with open source contributions).
● Experience developing, releasing and maintaining production software.
● Proficient with analysis, troubleshooting, and problem-solving.
● Knowledge and experience developing solutions for distributed system architecture.
● Familiarity with NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
● Familiarity with embedded databases like RocksDB.
● Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs.
● Experience working with compilers, architecting systems, and developing SDK's.
● Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities.
● Design and develop a Rust SDK for Symbol, our enterprise-grade blockchain protocol.
● Optimize and improve the Rust SDK to make development on Symbol the best-in-class.
● Research, design and implement improvements to the Rust SDK.
● Own the software development process end-to-end, including working with stakeholders to determine requirements, designing, architecting, planning, implementing, testing and operating new systems and features.
● Provide feedback on overall design decisions and participate in technical code reviews.
● Review pull requests and provide valuable feedback to members of the team, and open-source contributors.