Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equival...
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Clearance Requirements: Responsibilities for this Position
Department of Defense TOP SECRET security clearance is REQUIRED at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Imagine a world-class engineering environment. Now add a team of exceptional talent along with technologies that are so advanced they're often classified. That's what you'll find at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you'll lead amazing engineers as they invent the technologies, products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. If you want the chance to lead, it's time to bring your talent to General Dynamics Mission Systems.What you'll experience:
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
With your proficiency in grasping and applying new information quickly, the Advanced Reverse Engineer will analyze, decompose, disassemble code, perform static code analysis, kernel-level debugging, and debug and modify software. Programming in both C and assembly language, we'll rely on you to be involved in Protocol Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Research, Rapid Prototyping of proof of concept capabilities. You'll conduct vulnerability assessments and penetration testing utilizing reverse engineering techniques. You'll also contribute to the design, development and implementation of countermeasures, system integration, and tools specific to Cyber and Information Operations.
What you bring to the table:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What sets you apart:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Fully proficient knowledge of operating system fundamentals (interrupts, threading, virtual memory, device drivers) and internals (memory layouts and management, binary file formats)
- Fully proficient knowledge in low-level programming of device drivers in a Unix, Linux, or Windows environment
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Consistently displays high performance attributes
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Experience working on projects in the field of hardware, software, operating systems and IP protocol reverse engineering
- Analyzes, decomposes, disassembles code, performs static code analysis, kernel-level debugging, and debugs and modifies software
- Work often involves software operating systems, malware or electronic signals
- Typically programs in both C and assembly language
- Involved in Protocol Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Research, Rapid Prototyping of proof of concept capabilities
- Protocol analysis of different systems such as USB (1.1,2.0,3.0), Serial, wireless (i.e. 802.11 B/G/N/AC, Zigbee, Bluetooth, RF and NFC) and cellular (3g, 4G/LTE, 5G).
- Conducts vulnerability assessments and penetration testing utilizing reverse engineering techniques
Performs analysis of complex software systems to determine both functionality and intent of software systems
- Experience working with mobile devices, and mobile operating system internals
- Contributes to the design, development and implementation of countermeasures, system integration, and tools specific to Cyber and Information Operations
- May prepare and presents technical reports and briefings
- May perform documentation, vetting and weaponization of identified vulnerabilities for operational use
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient knowledge of operating system fundamentals (interrupts, threading, virtual memory, device drivers) hardware, and internals (memory layouts and management, binary file formats)
- Requires proficient knowledge and exposure to computer processor architectures and instructions sets
- Proficient ability to perform all responsibilities associated with the position
- Proficient ability to grasp and apply new information quickly
- Proficient ability to handle more complex assignments
- Shows proficient initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Proficient ability to use scripting languages such as Python, Perl, bash
- Proficient knowledge in low-level programming of device drivers in a Unix, Linux, or Windows environment
#CB Company Overview
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran