The Research System Administrator will build and manage servers and networks, hosts primarily running Linux, although general Windows admini...
The Research System Administrator will build and manage servers and networks, hosts primarily running Linux, although general Windows administration will be beneficial. Management of hosts also includes assisting a subset of users who are using the systems. This role also includes collaborating with the IT department, monitoring security tools and addressing issues, handling the installation, distribution, control and removal of hardware. Monitoring and maintaining network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways and firewalls as well as documentation are all part of the job.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, purchase and manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
Skills & Experience
· Linux desktop and server administration
- Comfortable with linux command line
· General Windows system administration
- Including Active Directory
· Basic networking familiarity
- IP Addressing, Routing, Troubleshooting
· Storage Technologies/Protocols
· VPN Solutions
- OpenVPN, Wireguard, IPSEC
· Bare Metal Virtualization
· Basic understanding of how to use cryptocurrency a plus
· IT Automation Technologies (Ansible) preferred
· pfSense experience a plus
· VMware Horizon or other VDI technologies preferred
· Familiarity with cloud-based technologies preferred
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field preferred
· Strong communication skills
· Previous experience in the cybersecurity industry is preferred but not required
· Willingness to be flexible and responsive as priorities change.
Qintel is on a mission to track and stop threat actors in their tracks. Founded by ex-government cybercrime professionals, Qintel's platform delivers high impact curated threat intelligence using investigative techniques unseen outside of government entities. With many of the Fortune 100 using our products, Qintel is driving intelligence to new levels, bringing threat actors and information about those threat actors from the deep and dark web into the hands of cybersecurity investigators and incident responders.
Our work environment is exciting, dynamic and fast paced! Qintel regards itself as a family, and everybody plays a part in our success. In addition, we are a fast-growing business with exposure to some of the country's top companies, and we provide many opportunities for motivated and passionate employees to advance their careers in the cybersecurity space.
What we offer:
- 100% paid health benefits
- Comprehensive 401K program with automatic 5% contribution by company (no contribution from employee required)
- Flexible work environment
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive compensation
- Remote available for highly qualified candidates (quarterly visits to Pittsburgh headquarters required)
TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE ATTACH RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION