IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, disco...
IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today's most complex challenges, whether it's discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking Research Staff Members to work at its Yorktown Heights, NY location.
At IBM Research, we are conceptualizing and prototyping innovative high-speed interconnect and analog/mixed signal solutions for future computing, storage, networking, wireless and quantum computing systems. Your role will span the areas of digital and analog/mixed-signal circuit design and implementation in deep-submicron technologies. Specific examples of circuits you will help develop include, among others: analog-to digital and digital-to-analog converters, electro-optic interface circuit circuits, and SerDes components such as feed-forward and decision feedback equalization circuits, clock generation and data recovery units. Specific responsibilities may include defining and implementing mixed signal circuit architectures and topologies, pre- and post-silicon design validation, and chip bring-up and characterization.
You will be part of a team that demonstrates new research concepts and works closely with system partners to both define roadmaps and transition successful concepts into product. You must be able to work successfully and collaboratively with a diverse and dynamic team.
PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or a related area is required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience in analog and mixed-signal Integrated Circuit (IC) design in advanced CMOS (Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor) technology-3 years
* Experience in test and evaluation of IC-1 year
* Proven knowledge of Cadence IC design framework-1 year
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* High speed serializer and deserializer macros and building blocks
* Optical interface circuits such as transimpedance amplifiers and laser drivers; high speed wireless circuits such as low-noise amplifiers, mixers, amplifiers
* High speed and/or high resolution analog-to-digital converters; high speed and/or high resolution digital-to-analog converters
* Communication theory; understanding of signal integrity and matching considerations in the context of high speed wired/wireless design
* Experience in custom digital or standard-cell digital designs