IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, disco...
IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today's most complex challenges, whether it's discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM Almaden Research Center, we are looking for a highly qualified long-term supplemental research scientist who is interested in exploring artificial intelligence (AI) use cases in next-gen battery development.
We are seeking a candidate who will help us focus on discovering new and more sustainable materials for next generation batteries. The ideal candidate will have a background in material science and materials characterization with basic understanding on electrochemistry and electrochemical devices is required for this position.
* Experience in the development of battery materials and interpretation of battery performance are preferred.
* Experience in AI and machine learning driven materials discovery based on coding and data analysis skills is highly welcome.
* The candidate must have demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to focus on project metrics. -The candidate will interact with a large, technically diverse, distributed team across IBM and with external partners.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 3+ years' experience in battery research and/or other electrochemical devices
* Proven programming skills (ex. Python, C/C++) for AI/ML
* Demonstrated success working in a team environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience in data analytics and modeling to extract a structure-property relationship of various materials
* At least 2-year experience in integration of computational methods (AI/ML) and experiments for accelerated material discovery
* Strong interpersonal skills