IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, disco...
IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today's most complex challenges, whether it's discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our team is conducting research at the leading edge of automating AI. Core areas include machine learning, deep learning and decision-making optimization models to enable both the mathematical foundations and the technologies that bring AI automation for decision-making. We specifically seek researchers with strong expertise in the broad space of AI techniques for data-to-decisions, including data-driven reinforcement learning and deep dynamic planning models, automated Machine Learning (AutoML), and algorithms for learning to optimize (L2O).
Especially relevant is
* Research experience in constrained sequential decision-making models and dynamic planning models in discrete and continuous state and action spaces.
* Experience with automation in Reinforcement Learning approaches for hyper parameter optimization of learning configurations and architectures.
* Hands-on experience with deep learning libraries (e.g. RLLIB, stable-baselines, Coach, Reagent/Horizon, Keras-RL, Tensorflow Agents among others), pytorch and tensorflow based implementations for learning formulations and their incorporation into reinforcement learning and planning based models is desired.
The candidate will work on fundamental research challenges publishing in top conferences such as NeurIPS, AAAI, INFORMS. At the same time the research agenda has a clear path to practical impact.
You must be willing to work in Yorktown Heights, NY or Cambridge, MA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Proven publication records in top-tier conferences or journals
* Research experience and expertise in the broad areas of machine learning and optimization
* Proficiency and substantial experience with one or more general purpose programming languages and machine learning frameworks
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise